Reload this Page >

Lyon or Perouges???

Search

Lyon or Perouges???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 06:29 AM
Kathy

Lyon or Perouges???

Next month I'll be traveling to Lyon. I can spend two days in Lyon or 1 day in Lyon and one day on a wine tour to Perouges. What do you recommend? Give up a day in Lyon or no? Please help, I've got a group of 20 waiting for your responses!

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 07:04 AM
Chris

Perouges itself is a half-day trip (travel and seeing the town). <BR><BR>What exactly is the wine tour? Are you looking at the Lyon Vision brochure? Is your intent to keep the group together, even when touring Lyon? Is it Perouges or the wine that interests you/your group?<BR><BR>George deBoeuf has a place outside of Lyon that's a little corny, but you have wine tasting (and the store) at the end after going through some interesting panoramas about the Beaujolais wine region (the 3D film and the talking vine are what are corny). <BR><BR>You MIGHT be able to do Perouges and deBoeuf in the same day, depending on how early you want to get going and how late you want to stay out (and road time inbetween). <BR><BR>

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 07:48 AM
Sidfresh

I definately loved Lyon, it's a small robust city. People were very friendly. There aren't much attractions compared to Paris but I loved it because it reminded me of Florence. Lyon was once ruled by the Romans and strived during the renaissance period. <BR><BR>It's a great trip to take to enjoy a real french town. 1 day is fine in Lyon.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Christina

I haven't been to Perouges but it's always sounded interesting to me. I have been to Lyon and liked it very much, but if the Perouges wine tour is of real interest, I'd go with that as I think you can be satisfied with the highlights of Lyon which you can see in one day.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 10:42 AM
mimi taylor

Peruges is very small. I have slept in this village three different trips but you can see it all within an hour. It's 23 miles south of Lyon, an enchanting medieval fortified village protected as a national monument. A version of the 3 musketeers was filmed there.There is nothing like it in this region. Saying that, I have never spent a day in Lyon and would love to eat at Leon de Lyon

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Sue

Perouges is actually 23 mi. northeast of Lyon.