Paris Museum Pass for students

Mar 29th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

Paris Museum Pass for students

My husband and I are taking our nieces (21 and 18) to Paris and Rome this summer. I am wondering if we need to get Museum Passes for the girls since they are both students. Does the free student entry at many museums only apply to EU residents?

Thanks!
Mar 31st, 2012, 02:32 PM

Sorry , because they are not EU citizens they are not eligible for any discounts. Youths aged 17 and under of any nationality are free in most museums in Paris, and from ages 18-26 BUT only for EU citizens for that age group.

If you are trying to keep costs under control do not just assume you need a museum pass if you are only planning on a few museums,, to make they an economical advantage you need to see more then 2 a day.

You know, you are also able to go in the individual websites,, they all have them Louvre, Orsay, Vatican, etc,, and they are all available in English, and then you can easily confirm what rates are and what discounts are avaialbe. I have only been to Rome twice so can't speak to all available there, but I do know that in Paris your nieces will not be eligible for many, if any at all discounts. Tell them to save their money!
Mar 31st, 2012, 05:06 PM

Most discounts don't have anything to do with being a student in Paris. They are based on age mostly. As noted, they are too old to get the free entry based on age. Discounts after age 18 are based on residency.
Mar 31st, 2012, 10:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies - just what I needed to know. I am planning to sit down with my nieces and see which museums appeal to them. It just might work out that a Museum Pass is not needed. I think they might be more interested in shopping than art!

Search this Thread