Paris Moblis help please

Old Apr 14th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Moblis help please

I'll be in Paris next week, not arriving until Wednesday, I'm interested in the Moblis ticket, probably for 5 days and have several questions. This is good on the metro, buses, funicular in Monmarte for unlimited rides during one calendar day, is that correct? Do I buy this in the Metro from a machine or a manned booth, buying all 5 days at one time, etc. Sorry to pose this question once again, I know I've seen postings on this but can't find answers. Thanks in advance to all who respond.
Susan
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 02:49 PM

It would be cheaper to buy the Carte Orange, whether you find the old paper ticket or the new electronic card... You can still buy it on Wednesday, and then use it through Sunday. Good for buses, metro and RER within Paris. The CO price is about 16.70€ and the electronic card is a one-time 5€ fee in addition.
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Travelnut-
I've used the Carte Orange several times in the past but thought that it had been phased out in favor of the new electronic cards. Also, I thought that you couldn't buy the CO on Wednesdays, thank you for the heads up. I think I'll just go ahead and buy the CO when I arrive and buy a carnet if needed for transportation on Monday and Tuesday.
Susan
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 08:42 PM

The paper ticket of the CO is being phased out, but the 'pass' value can be loaded to the new electronic card and acts the same, good Monday-Sunday. The electronic card (Navigo Decouverte) costs a one-time 5E.

You can buy the CO pass thru Wednesday at latest for that week's use. I've done it mucho times.
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 06:09 AM

I buy Mobilis tickets now and again, when it suits my purposes and I like them a lot.

Buy them however you want, like any ticket -- at a machine or clerk. I think you must have coins to use the machines, not paper bills, but don't remember exactly. There is no reason at all to buy them for five days at one time, I don't follow why you would think that? They are a daily ticket so some people only buy one.

It is for unlimited rides for one day on metro, bus, etc. YOu can use it on the RER, also, as long as it is within central Paris zones 1-2-- assuming you buy the zone 1-2 ticket (you can buy other zones, like 1-3, 1-4 or 1-5. It's good for the calendar day you first started using it during the times of service that day, which would be until the metro closes that night around 1 am, for the metro. You're supposed to write the date of use on it, although I don't know why that matters so much as the machine takes care of limiting its use (but that's the rule), as well as putting your name on it in the spaces for nom and prenom. As with all passes RATP sells, they are personal, not to be shared among people. I think you could possibly be fined if you didn't write your name on it, which they could check against some ID you had, if you were questioned by a transit officer.

I think you can use it on the funicular -- you can use it on almost anything run by RATP or SNCF within the Ile de France, basically, and I believe RATP runs that. The exception is that it cannot be used for the airport transportation (ie, RER B to CDG or Roissybus). YOu can use it for a regular bus if it goes there, I think.
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Christina for clarification on the Moblis ticket. Also Travelnut, thanks again for passing along the CO info.
Susan