Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris Location.Le Regent or Henri IV Rive Gauche?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2006, 07:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First ,I must thank those of you that I've read reports from as I've researched for my trip. I am down to two hotels in a price range, I can afford and in two areas that sound fun-- from what I've read. We are a family of 5. One child is actually an adult(21 when we go) and a 14 and 10 year old.
The Saint Germain hotel,Le Regent is a Luxury Superior for the triple(23m2)@271 euros and a Luxury (20m2)@210 Euros for the double.(facing Dauphine Street) The rooms at Henri are 167 euros per night. I know no details. The reviews on trip advisor are good on both. The rating better for Henri . I can't find sizes on the Henri's rooms. Their price is better, but is the location of the Le Regent better? The only negative comment on the Henri seems to be that the area is touristy. I imagine both are??? Any comments or am I o.k. either way?
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 07:46 AM

Hi Letsgomom,

We spent 6 nights at Le Regent last month and thought it was a lovely hotel. We had a superior deluxe double room, and it was plenty big for both of us, but I didn't see any of their other rooms.

The location was great for us -10 minute walk to Notre Dame, and metro stops nearby, although we walked practically everywhere. There are several cafes and restaurants close by, as well. It seemed to be a lively area, but not noisy (except for our last night, when some people were whooping it up outside, but it wasn't too bad).

The staff at Le Regent were wonderful, very helpful and friendly. All in all, it was a great place to stay for our first (hopefully not last!) visit to Paris.

Hope that helps!
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 08:02 AM

We like Le Regent and have stayed there when our favorite hotel has not been able to accommodate us. The standard rooms at Le Regent are tiny so you probably want the Superior rooms. The location is great and the staff is good.
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 09:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. Mamse , just curious, what is your favorite hotel?
I do like that area and I'm not sure if there is much difference between the two locations. I could also get a"small triple" at Hotel Britannique. The word"small" on their proposal worried me a little,because from what I read all their rooms sound small ,even for Paris.
Actually, neither of the other two are offering a triple, though. Are the rooms big enough to add a third bed?
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 07:12 AM

Hotel Henri IV Rive Gauche has triples for 182€ (twins for 162&euro... did you mean they don't have a triple 'available' for your dates?
http://henri-paris-hotel.com/english/rates.html
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Yes, thanks, they don't have a triple available and offered a double with an extra bed. Is there enough room for this?
That is probably what the Le Regent is doing ,too.They did give me rooms sizes. I can't find Henri's sizes posted.