2 paris hotels- which one?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2003, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Caron de Beaumarchais - in the Marais. for 156 euros; or<BR><BR>Hotel St. Beauve in the left bank for 126 euros (the smallest room). It is directly below the Luxembourg Gardens.<BR><BR>Breakfast is not included in either.<BR><BR>I have a reservation in the latter with a room just becoming available in the former. I don't know which to take???
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 06:21 AM

I can't compare the two but stayed at Caron de Beaumarchais and it was nice. Very small. Nicely decorated. Breakfast was good. The woman at the front desk wasn't overly friendly. Looking back we would have stayed in a different location - somewhere closer to the sights we wanted to see and that was in a nighborhood with more to see and do.
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 06:36 AM
ira

Hi landj,<BR> Just to make your life a bit more complicated, have you considered the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 rue bonaparte? It is about 100E for a dbl w/bkfst in your room, and is not far from the Hotel St. Beauve.<BR><BR> FAX 01 46 33 57 67<BR> <BR> They do not have a website, but you can find them at http://pagesjaunes.voila.fr<BR>
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 07:36 AM

the Caron is a charming hotel in a great location, but some (if not all) of their rooms are pretty small. They do provide little touches of luxury--bathrobes, etc. I don't know if they distinguish between standard and superior rooms. All rooms have a/c I believe. <BR>I've read that the St Beauve has large rooms (for Paris). Last I read,not all of their rooms had a/c.
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 07:38 AM

I meant to add, I believe that at the Caron, the street-side rooms are the larger ones.
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 07:46 AM

My wife and I have stayed at Le St Beauve and thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice room, nice people at desk, great location. Would go again but last time stayed at Hotel Pas des Calais ... also<BR>very nice location.
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 07:48 AM

I stayed at the Caron last winter...in a front room with a very tiny balcony..you would not want a room without the balcony, the back rooms are sort of dark (but quiet). I had read many raves about this hotel, but it did not do it for me. It was nice, clean, it did have little extras,but I did not love the neighborhood, I would prefer to go back to St. Germain area, I like the cafes and restaurants there much better.
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 05:52 PM

I haven't stayed at the St. Beuve, but have seen it from the outside, and it's in a very nice location, quiet street near Luxembourg Gardens, but not too far from the cafes of Montparnasse, and walking distance to St. Germain. I have stayed in a hotel in the same general area, and really like it. A rather non-touristy area, with great transportation options. I have also heard some good comments about that hotel from others.