Reload this Page >

Paris - Lido or Moulin Rouge?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2003, 05:40 AM
JohnHamilton

My wife and I are leaving Sat, 8/2, for a week in Paris. We want to do dinner and show at the Lido Cabaret and Moulin Rouge. If we can't do both and had to choose one, which should we choose. Also would you recommend against dinner at either place? Don't recommend against dinner because of cost. I'm willing to pay the money. Only recommend against because it would not be an enjoyable dinner. Thank you for any replies.

Old Jul 31st, 2003, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have not seen the show at the Lido so I cannot advise about one over the other. But I will say that we were blown away by the show at the Moulin Rouge. We had great seats and were thoroughly entranced. We opted not to do dinner and it worked well. We went to the 10 o'clock show which gave adequate time to have a leisurely dinner elsewhere and then go to the theater via taxi.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 06:51 AM

I saw the show at the Moulin Rouge and it was the best!! I would go back Paris just to see it again. It had a little of everything Singing, dancing, Comdey. And the food was perfect. It's in no so nice an area. we saw the show and went back to the other side of town right away.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 09:06 AM

I am also interested in going to the Moulin Rouge but have heard that it is not a good area to be in at night. Dieanha, is it easy to get a taxi after the show or how did you get to where you went after the show?
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 11:12 AM

Taxi Are pretty easy to get all over the city. We didn't have any problems. I aslo might add the we went to the early show. Don't let the area stop you from going to see it. i'm pretty sure they will call you a cab from inside. If you are going with 2 plus people you should be fine and there are a few pubs in the area that are safe to wait in.