Reload this Page >

Paris in November

Search

Paris in November

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Dave

Paris in November

I'm sending my wife & a group of women to Paris for her birthday in mid November. Is there anything special going on at that time of that year?

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 11:37 AM
anita

I would check out this website http://www.bparis.com/<BR><BR>It has loads of info on Paris & should help you find what you need. There is also a chat thing, I think, so you can ask about Nov events.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 11:51 AM
oh

Is your wife able to look up anything on her own,or have a thought about what she might like?<BR>Or is she just waiting to be "sent".

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 06:53 AM
Dave

She's entirely capable...and would be doing all of this research if much of the trip wasn't a SURPRISE....<BR><BR>and how is life in judgementalville?

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 07:52 AM
Rita

Dave:<BR><BR>I'm so glad you responded to ohgoodgrief. What a jerk. I'm so tired of smart ass people......<BR><BR>Rita

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Alice

The web site for the Parisian tourist office has a section called "Events". You can indicate the timeframe you are interested in, then it will list exhibits, concerts, fairs, etc. You can drop them down by categories, and you can click on a button that saves the particular event for you, I suppose to print out a list of the ones that are of interest. You'll have to scroll a lot and do some French interpretation to recognize items of potential interest. For instance, the 8th European Chocolate Fair sounds really good to me (no pun intended). http://www.paris-touristoffice.com/index_va_v2.html

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 12:35 PM
KJ

Loved your answer to goodgrief. Check out parisinsites.com<BR>

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 12:45 PM
scarlett

Hi Dave,<BR>although my husband takes me to Paris yearly-I would be happy to be "sent" also<BR>We always go around the end of Oct,beginning of Nov,that is our anniversary.The weather is great then,not too cold,cool enough for all the walking.<BR>The Opera Garnier is open and there are ballets to see,if they would like that it is worth it! Just to walk around the Opera House is a treat.<BR>We like shopping in the antique (flea)markets, there is always something for every pocketbook. <BR>What a nice husband you are!

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 02:55 PM
rlr

You are such a thoughtful, delightful, intelligent husband. Your wife is so lucky to have you. I bet your handsome, too. Will you send me, too?? Please, please???? I promise to bring a birthday present.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 10:25 PM
kathy

And you are such a twit, grow up. If you cannot offer some practical advice then stop taking up space that could be used in a useful way.