Search

Paris 8-12 November

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris 8-12 November

I'm leaving for Paris tomorrow!

Will be staying in Paris Vacations Apartment's studio on rue Madame in the 6th.

Just a short trip, but plenty already planned.

Am taking a friend around on Tuesday. Will adapt for her preferences, but am thinking she'd enjoy the brocante at place Bastille.

Lunch Wednesday at Taillevent and I have ticket for the Monet exhibit at the Grand Palais Thursday.

PVA has computers in all their apartments, so I'll try to post at the end of each day.

Thanks to everyone for all the good advice to be found here. Makes trip planning a true pleasure.
Old Nov 6th, 2010, 07:16 PM

Bon voyage!!!!
Old Nov 6th, 2010, 07:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Paris is the best. Can't wait for your report. Especially at Taillevent.
Old Nov 7th, 2010, 07:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Be sure to leave the 6th arrondissement as often as possible.
Old Nov 7th, 2010, 03:02 PM

Would love to hear about your lunch at Taillevent. I went to Paris for 4 nights last month. Short, yes, but definitely something you can do! Have a wonderful trip.
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

The weather forecast for this week made packing difficult. I could not decide if my quilted jacket would do the trick, or if I needed my long raincoat, or if there would be enough winter weather to justify a wool coat. I felt a bit foolish packing three coats for a four day trip, but it turns out I wore all three on my first day here!

I am staying in Paris Vacation Apts' rue Madame studio in the 6th. I do like the location very much and am again impressed with PVA's service and how well outfitted their apartments are. Robes; coffee, lots of toilet paper, flowers, wine, good lighting, etc. This is a typical studio with terrific natural light coming in from three sides. Only a courtyard view but it wasn't dark even on this rainy day.

Read The Lady and the Unicorn on the plane, so the first order of business was to visit the tapestries at the Cluny. Had lunch at La Maison du Jardin just around the corner from the apartment. Lamb with an amazing side of beans. One was a large white; the other was the size of a lima but a brighter green and different texture, cooked with lardons, carrots, pearl onions, all swimming in a delicious broth.

Later did some shopping at Fragonard then went to see the Medici exhibit at the Maillol. Enjoyed that more than I thought I would. Well worth a visit.

Tomorrow the weather will decide if I am at the Aligre market or hiding out in museums. And I am now really interested in tapestries so perhaps I'll try Gobelins?

Anyone know why you have to use the shift key to type a period on the French keyboard? Seems the oddest of all to me.