Paris, in mid-March

Search

Paris, in mid-March

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2010, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris, in mid-March

My trip report from last week's brief stop in Paris is up on my blog, along with a ton of photos. I stayed at the Hotel Regina and did some serious eating, including tasting menus at Le Meurice and Guy Savoy. It was a different type of Paris for me - usually I rent apartments and eat a little closer to the ground. But if you like to go high end, I'm happy to answer any questions...

http://caroundtheworld.com/paris-mic...l-restaurants/

Chris
Old Mar 21st, 2010, 09:43 PM

Enjoyed your pictures and report so far, Chris. Will look for your report on Guy Savoy.

Over the years I have dined in many, many Michelin starred restaurants. I think I have always said that the one that seems to stand out most is Guy Savoy, from the time I arrived and was whisked in. Great experience!

Joan
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Joan -

Yep, Guy Savoy did seem to stand out from the rest. It truly was a meal of a lifetime, which is what you want your three-star Michelin experiences to at least aspire to. Thanks for reading, and I'll update once it's up!

Chris
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 06:38 AM

Chris,

It was their 3 star amenities that stood out from the others. The extras that stars bring beyond the food. Chas. De Gaulle could not have been met with more care and attention than I when I arrived. It was that way throughout the evening. Nothing so overly done that it was bothersome..just everything perfect. That evening an air conditioning problem developed
and they suggested that the gentlemen remove their coats if they wished to do so. All was handled so well...this was all beyond the great dining experience!! An evening to remember!

Joan
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Joan - Here's the write-up on the Guy Savoy dinner. It was, indeed, an evening to remember!! (In retrospect, I can't believe I ate all that food!)

http://caroundtheworld.com/2010/03/2...y-savoy-paris/
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 08:26 AM

Oh my, what a meal!!!.

Enjoying your blog.