Reload this Page >

Paris hotels where to stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Kathy

Hi,<BR>When I am in Paris I am not renting a car. I will rely on the metro and taxi for transportation. So my question is where should I stay. <BR><BR>I've heard so many wonderful things about all the various areas of Paris. I want to stay in a nice area that is convenient to most attractions and the metro, is fun, and has a variety of restaurants. <BR><BR>So where am I better off left bank? right bank? latin quarter? near Notre Dame? neat the Eiffel Tower? near the Louvre? somewhere else?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Kathy<BR>

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Sue

Seems that most of us on here prefer the 5,6, or 7 arrondissements. Run a search in search text box, and you will find lots of info on this question. I've topped one I found.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 12:31 PM
it's all good

Any of those areas you mentioned, fit the criteria you are hoping for. Eiffel Tower area up in the 7th is the furthest out (of what you mentioned). Latin Quarter, Notre Dame, and the Louvre are all easy walking distance from each other.<BR><BR>The Latin Quarter is a more crowded and with a 'hussle & bussle' atmosphere. Rue Cler (street name) up in the 7th a more quiet neighborhood atmosphere.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 12:40 PM
TJ

Do some research and pick an area that appeals to your interests and then focus on hotels in that area. I opted to stay in the Marais (quaint, lively with cafes and little boutiques, but more artsy than say St. Germaine).<BR><BR>Almost any area you pick is either walking distance to sights or easy access via metro.<BR><BR>I booked a room at the Hotel du Bourg Tibourg. It was just redone in late 2001 and friends loved it. Double is around 200 Euros.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 02:22 PM
moonbeam

If you are not going anytime soon , try Hotel du Danube on Rue Jacob in the 6th! But hurry they fill us FAST!Most wonderfull location and the price if phenominal for what you get!

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Sue

For a first time visitor, most people seem to think the 6th is best, as it's so convenient for Seine, Louvre, Notre Dame,etc.Parts of the 5th and 6th can be noisy at night, though, as there is lots of street activity. I like to be near the Luxembourg Gardens - still in the 6th, but quieter. As far as transportation, metro stops are practically everywhere, and very easy to use. I never find taxis necessary. Buses are also easy and fun to use, and they seem to be everywhere.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 03:27 AM
belinda

Can recommend Hotel Millesime in St Germain (6th I think) for its location. Try a search here for "millesime". You'll find some helpful posts. Good luck.