paris hotels,nice hotels three star

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 01:29 PM
matt

paris hotels,nice hotels three star

i need some feedback about best western la villa des artistes in paris.also any other hotel suggestions. we will be in paris at the end of this month. we will be in nice the early part of july. thanks for your help

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Sherri Kardell

Hi I have a few suggestions most are in teh 6th as that is my favorite are.You should be able to find most of these by logging on to Parisby.com under 3 star hotels or by 5th 6th & 7th arrondissements.1) hotel Verneuil find on france-hotel-guide.com 2)de l'universite 3)de fleurie 4)Le Madison 5)le Relais Saint Sulpice & the Prince de conti
Keep in mind these are considered very good 3 star hotels and may be booked well ahead of time.Also rooms will not be large even if you go for a 4 star it most likely will not be a large room. Have fun!

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Emily

There are many nice 3 star hotels especially in the 6th district. But do not choose the Hotel des Saints Peres. They have got to have the worst customer service ever especially for such a highly recommended (and expensive) hotel. They refused to send me a booking confirmation immediately after receiving my booking information. They say it is not an urgent thing for them so I would have to wait for at least a few days to get it. This I was told after calling them and being put on hold for 10 mins. I cancelled my reservation and sent them an email notifying them of such and of course have not received any cancellation confirmation either.

The only email that they were quick to reply to was when I had enquired if they had rooms available. That was the only time they were prompt in responding.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 06:50 AM
Julie

Fred, where do you get the comments you post? Are they ones you've cataloged from this site or do they come from a hotel site? Thanks.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Christina

Matt, there have been posts on that exact hotel with extensive comments on it (some by me, more discussing the neighborhood as I haven't stayed there). I think they were on Frommer's web site, though, not this one. They don't have as many users over there so it probably won't be that hard to find them by scrolling down the France postings (they segregate by country). go to www.frommers.com, then community or something, then discussion groups. I wouldn't send you there except it really would be useful for you. Probably there have been some on here, also, if you search. Unfortunately there are so many hotels in Paris, that it will be hard for someone to recommend anything other for you without some specifics or criteria.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Sarah

Matt,

My husband and I just returned... we stayed at the Hotel le Cadran- 3 star. It was close to a metro stop with a fabulous bakery between. The hotel had great rooms (not large- typical for Europe, though), newly redone bathrooms with shower, breakfast and a fabulous and helpful English speaking staff. I found it on hotelparis.com or parishotel.com. Anyway, we highly recommend it. It was in the Tour Eiffel arrondosment (quiet, yet chic). 159 Euros per night.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Paul

Stayed at the du Cadran about 15 times. Everything in previous post is correct. One block from r. Cler i.e. great location. Excellent choice.