Romantic Small Hotels in Paris

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 05:03 PM
Tom

Romantic Small Hotels in Paris

Can anyone recommend a romantic small hotel in Paris? My wife and I will be spending a week in June, and we haven't been there in a number of years. Should we look on the Left Bank and near the Champs Elysees? What are your experiences?
Thanks

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Greg

You might start by checking out the following website which lists many charming Paris hotels: www.travel-in-paris.com

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 10:29 PM
John

Tom: Get a copy of "Hotels of Character and Charm in Paris (Hunter Rivages), which has lots of good reviews. Also, visit the French Hotel Reservation Center at France On-line Travel at www.france.com/travel/index.html
which lists many of these hotels and provides customer feedback to get a real idea of what they're like. We bookend online thru them and had no problems. For a specific suggestion, we loved the Hotel Le Regent in the 6th at 61 Rue Dauphine. Bon voyage!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 05:28 AM
elaine

Hi Tom
Do a search here on this forum, and look elsewhere as well on the Fodor's website under Paris hotels where you will find some Rants & Raves comments from past hotel guests.
It's already late to book some of the popular small hotels, so I wouldn't wait any longer.
I have a file on Paris that is geared toward first-time Paris visitors, but it does have a lot of hotel info; if you'd like to see it, email me.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 07:11 AM
etoile

Tom,
I really liked Hotel du Globe. It was in St. Germain des Pres - near everythign, but tucked away on a side street. The little room was cosey and romantic with a window that opened to the street. The hotel was very reasonably priced and very clean. I will defintely book there again. I found their fax and phone # in Frommers. Good luck!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 07:41 AM
andy

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Le Sainte Beuve. Small, side street in 6th. Very
nice. Check it out on web.
andy

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 02:10 PM
barb

Make sure that you book a hotel with air conditioning for that time of year. I have been there twice in June and both times hit heat waves in hotels with no air conditioning. Absolutely stifling and not the way you want to spend your honeymoon!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:11 PM
Beverly

Hotel du Jeu de Paume on Isle St. Louis is quaint, unique, secluded yet central to all. Look at their website.