Reload this Page >

Paris Hotels - Hotel Serotel Lutece

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 06:23 AM
neera

Hello, this is a great forum. It is our first trip to Paris with 8 year old daughter. We will be in Paris form April 1 to 7. I have tried so many hotels posted on this forum but they are all booked. Now I have made reservation at Bestwestern Hotel Serotel Lutece. Is it too far from happening places. Has anyone stayed there. I was trying St. Germain area but couldn't find anything. I would like a decent size room for around $150-$200. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Old Feb 9th, 2003, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Topping this because I am wondering about the BW Serotel Lutece... seems to be a couple of good reviews from 2000 and 2001... anyone stayed here recently?<BR><BR>Thank you!<BR>Lisa
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 05:23 PM

Fmin - Thanks for your reply, if you know, can you tell me what the deal is with the location? On the BW website it describes it as being right in the heart of the 6th arrond. Any insight about this?? Thanks!!
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 07:44 PM

Thank you. I think we are going to book it, the price is right and as long as it is safe, that will be fine. My mom and I are going and this hotel is one of the ones offered to her as part of a package. Again, thanks!!
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 09:56 AM

I'm not sure what web site you are looking at, but the BW France web site describes its location correctly as being near the Pantheon etc in the 5th. There's nothing wrong with that location, it's a nice neighborhood, just not as close as some tourists want to stay to the Seine. It's not a bad neighborhood, though, I rather like it. It's near the Val de Grace area which is nice enough and there are good shops, patisseries, cafes, and restaurants around there. It's not too far to the RER Port Royal (about 3 blocks) which goes directly to St-Michel/Notre Dame in maybe 10 minutes. Also, there is a convenient bus that runs right along rue Claude Bernard at the end of Berthollet, which you might find more convenient -- the no. 27. That bus goes directly to Luxembourg Gardens and St Michel/St Germain area.<BR><BR>Bd de Port Royal is a big, nice boulevard where you'll find brasseries, cafes, etc, plenty of &quot;happening&quot; things, depending what you mean by that. There is also a very convenient bus running right along there (the 91) which goes straight down bd Montparnasse to a very lively area with movies, and famous cafes (Dome, Coupole, etc) near bd Raspail cross-section.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 08:00 PM

We stayed there a little over a year ago and enjoyed it. It was the largest room I have ever had in Paris! It was nicely decorated and very comfortable. Service was very good and they have a lovely breakfast area. Be sure and get a room that overlooks the courtyard, it is quieter. They also offer enclosed parking very close for around $10. The room had a separate room for the toilette and another for the bathing area. Very nice...The area is great because you are about 2 blks from the Rue Mouffetard. Great little restaurants and shopping and a wonderful street market. It is not filled with tourists and yet you are close to the metro and only a few stops away from anything. We had a standard room, which as I said was quite roomy and I know they have larger apartments available. Enjoy!
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 08:16 PM

Thank you Vence and Christina for your informative feedback, I feel SO much better now!!