Paris Hotel with Parking

Old Oct 27th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Hotel with Parking

Doing a 3 month tour of Europe and UK and will be using a lease car for the entire trip. Will be driving up from the Dordogne to Calais and want to spend a few days in Paris, but worried about driving into Paris and where to park the car. Hotel Le Hameau de Passy, which is a small boutique style hotel on rue de Passy in the 16th has been recommended to us and I see on their web site there is a garage nearby,have emailed them twice but no reponse. Any suggestions of other hotels with nearby safe parking and not too difficult to get to from the peripherique. Thanks.
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Any suggestions please!
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 10:28 AM

On another board someone was parking while staying at the Hotel Grand des Ecoles. Why not pick up the phone and call your hotel?
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 10:54 AM

I haven't driven in Paris so am not positive of exact driving instructions, one-way streets, etc, that you might run into. I know a couple areas with large public parking garages and they have many hotels around them, if that's any help.

There is a large public garage at the SE corner of bd du Montparnasse and bd Raspail. That is not too difficult to get to -- get off at Porte d'Orleans from Peripherique, go up ave du Gen. Leclerc and take a left and go up bd Raspail. these are large streets. It's just to the right around the corner when you hit bd du Montparnasse. Within walking distance of that garage are many good Montparnasse hotels -- Hotel Novanox, Villa Montparnasse, Hotel Raspail, Hotel Royal, and Hotel Aiglon are probably the closest hotels (all 3* but Villa 4*). There is also a close 2* hotel called Hotel de la Paix on bd Raspail.

There is also a large public parking area at the end of Champ de Mars near place Joffre. There are many good 2-3* hotels around there. Just look at a map for where hotels are and pick one nearby (ie, Hotel de la Motte Picquet, Muguet, Tourville, Relais Bosquet, La Bourdonnais, etc--all are close). I don't know easiest way to get there -- probably coming up quai Andre Citroen, then onto quai Grenelle and take a right at bd de grenelle are ave Suffren, I don't know.
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 11:08 AM

There is a big underground garage right next to St. Sulpice. We rented an Avis car there and returned it. It is very easy to go out on Bonaparte, make one turn on St. Germain to the river and follow that to the peripherique -- well marked. I remember at the time looking and thinking the rates for parking were a lot lower than any major US city I know of.