Paris hotel rooms

Search

Paris hotel rooms

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris hotel rooms

We will be in Paris in two weeks - returning to the same great hotel on the Ile St Louis that we stayed at 20 years ago and again 13 years ago. My wife reminds me that somewhere along the way one of us has begun to snore and that the romantic single or double bed of yesteryear will no longer do. I have been trying to speak with the front desk at this hotel about queen versus double beds and I have the impression that they think I must be crazy (even for an American). I would hate to stay at an "American style" hotel just to get a good night's sleep while we're there. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you.
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:28 PM

Will two twin beds work for you? That should be available.
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:43 PM

Wouldn't ear plugs for the nonsnorer be a better solution?

Just a suggestion.
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:11 PM

Mr Travelwell;
I always get 2 twin beds, they are usually together upon our arrival. Since I am single and traveling with friends, the first thing we do is push the beds apart. So, if you can handle sleeping in a twin then the both of you should be comfortable with 2 twins.

Clea
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:22 PM

We carry a noise machine that we bought for $100 at Sharper Image. I could do without it but my husband is a very light sleeper. He doesn't like the echo that you get with earplugs. It can use batteries, is a little heavy, but worth it.
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:36 PM

Tell Mrs travelwell to tape a little tennis ball or ping pong ball to your back before you go to bed. Then every time you try to roll over and have a good snore, the ball will make you roll back over and be silent! Giving the dear wife a good nights sleep in Paris

Meanwhile, our little hotel on the Ille St-Louis had twin beds pushed together, why does the size of the bed make a difference? If the Yankee is snoring, a seperate bedroom would be the only solution~