Paris Hotel Information Needed

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Alvanna

Paris Hotel Information Needed

Looking for a nice double room for my husband and I, no more than $100/night. Any suggestions?

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 10:53 AM
Lori

Try www.paris.org or www.hotelboulevard.com

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 11:16 AM
curt

Some ideas. I have used the following 2 star hotels and been very happy with them.

Grand Hotel Leveque, near Eiffel Tower
Grand Hotel Jean D'Arc, in the Maris area

Both pleasant and well within your price range.

I have also used the Timhotel Bourse (Timhotel is a chain in Paris). It is 3 star and was also nice.

All have web pages to look at. Leveque or Jean D'Arc would be my recommendations, either one is fine depending on what part of city you want to be in.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 11:38 AM
Alvanna

Thank you for the replies. Also forgot to mention... we're looking for something in a section of town that is not too much of a tourist trap.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 11:40 AM
Meg

We just stayed at Hotel de la Bourdonnais for just over $100 a night. We loved the quiet neighborhood with plenty of bakeries, butchers, wine shops, cheese shops and groceries. It's a five minute walk from the Eiffel Tower. The room was clean and comfortable.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 12:14 PM
Sherri

I stayed at the most wonderful hotel in the Latin Quarter which I think is the best area in Paris. It's called Hotel des Grandes Ecoles. It is fairly small and very friendly. The rooms have bathrooms with huge tubs and is very clean! Lace curtians and bedspreads and I think it is in your price range. It was one of my favorite experiences of Paris! Telephone number: 01 43 26 79 23. Hope you have a great time!

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 12:53 PM
Curt

You will find that the two I mentioned above are NOT in "tourist trap" parts of town.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 02:00 PM
Carol

The Fodor's France guide highly recommends the Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais, in the Marais district (4th) and so do I! We were there in August and the service and the location were absolutely perfect. There are some bistros up the street (particularly Les Philosophes) in which the clientele were definitely local, greeting each other, laughing, friendly, etc. The hotel is about 2 doors up from the Rue de Rivoli, about 7 min. walk to Notre Dame, 12 min. to the Louvre. Some of the rooms have balconies, - go for them. The owner/mgr. was incredibly helpful to us, (we had major luggage arrival problems) --the whole experience was absolutely charming.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 03:26 PM
Kathy

Please see my pics and postings on the website. www.igougo.com

Look for guide Kathy or check out all postings for paris but look for mine there is pics and recomedation for hotels.
www.paris.org is also good.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 03:37 PM
terry

I will add my kudos for the Hotel des Grand Eccoles. It is a gem!!!

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 05:47 AM
Alvanna

Thanks to all who helped me out with this!!