Paris Hotel Help, Please

Old Apr 15th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Hotel Help, Please

My DH and I will be in Paris from June 4th - June 10th. We have an apt. on the Ile St. Louis. Our nephew is in the Air Force in Germany and he and is wife might be able to get away to join us for a couple of days. Does anyone have any hotels that they would recommend that might be close to us (and still have a chance of having a room available)? I would like to stay under 275 Euros per night, if possible.

Thanks for any help!
Old Apr 15th, 2016, 08:28 AM

That price target would put them in a boutique hotel range. You would not find too much difficulty finding one if willing to be off the Ile. For simple search, use www.booking.com for target dates, scroll down to the map about half way down on the left to see which accommodations are showing white markers. Sold out at booking.com does not mean there is no room. It is just that rooms are no longer offered at booking.com but may be at the hotel itself by contacting them directly. Pity you didn't/couldn't book an apt with additional capacity.
Old Apr 15th, 2016, 08:35 AM

That should be easy, there are only a few hotels right on the Island. This one is well in that range but you have to email
http://www.saintlouisenlisle.com/

Hotel Lutece is a 3* and has rooms free, below that range.
http://www.paris-hotel-lutece.com/en/

The Jeu de Paume is in that range, a 4* but again you must email http://jeudepaumehotel.com/ile-saint-louis/

There are many other hotels off the island that would be close and in that range, hard to name them all. This one would be very close, in that range and has vacancies
http://hotelnotredameparis.com/offers.html
Old Apr 15th, 2016, 09:57 AM

Also, it might be worth checking out the 5th Arrondisement (Latin Quarter). I can generally find very reasonable rooms and availability there.

For instance, I tend to stay in the Carrefour L'Odeon (near the Jardin de Luxembourg and on the border of the 5th/6th) - it is a charming little neighborhood within easy walking/metro distance to the Isle St. Louis.
Old Apr 15th, 2016, 11:15 AM

Have you searched the 3rd, 4th arr. and also if they are younger they might like the 9th or the 11th which attracts the younger crowd. The 3rd and 4th are walkable and the 9th and 11th are a short metro ride away from Ile St. Louis which is charming but expensive.
Old Apr 15th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. I didn't think really that there would actually be a hotel in our price range on the Ile itself. Lots of great suggestions. Thanks!
Old Apr 15th, 2016, 11:46 AM

Hotel Britannique.