Paris Hotel for family of four

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2007, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone suggest a hotel in Paris that has quad rooms? We will be traveling with a 13 & 4 year old. We will be going this summer (which is supposed to be hot), so we need an air conditioner. I'd prefer to either be near Notre Dame or Champs-Élysées.

Thanks much.
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 03:38 PM

In between the two places you mentioned is Hotel Muguet in the 7th. It has quads and A/C. I agree that you should have A/C in any hotel that you choose in the summer.
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 07:47 PM

Try this...
http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75005cluny.htm
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks much. I'll check your suggestions out.

Regards,
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 02:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi, smcll,

you don't say how long you are going for - what about an apartment?

most an be booked for 3 nights minimum. Much nicer with a small child [and a bigger one!]
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
Original Poster

We are probably going for a little over a week. I was a little nervous about an apartment. I guess because I know how to work with hotels...
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 05:11 AM

I warmly recommand you the Saint-Loius Marais, located near the Ile Saint louis, not far away from Motre Dame. Its a 2** hotel but very cosy and with quadruple rooms. You can see some pictures there http://www.nyceparis.com/accommodati...-homepage.html
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 06:33 AM
dgg

Look into the Grand Hotel Jeanne d'Arc in the Marais. It is a charming hotel located adjacent to a small square in the heart of the Marais. Nicely located. There can be some noise since there are several restaurants in the little square. I'm 99.9% sure it had ac because we were there during an excruciatingly hot June and I would remember if it didn't have ac. The price is incredibly reasonable. I think a quad will run around 150 Euros.

There were 7 of us and we had three rooms...a quad, double and single. My two older daughters had their own room and my two younger children stayed in our quad which was spacious. The bathroom was small. If I remember correctly there were two double beds and a sofa.

We had so much fun having dinner in the bustling little square. After dinner one night, we bought a second bottle of wine and the restaurant gave us some glasses. The three adults sat on a bench and drank wine while the kids played on the square.

Be careful when you book the hotel because my daughter went back with another family last summer. They booked the wrong hotel with a similar name and she said there was no comparison. Check out the Tripadvisor Reviews.
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 07:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
smcll - i had the same misgivings about apartments before we tried one. but i'm sold on them now for family holidays. For roughly the same price you will have much more room and freedom, which makes things just so much more relaxed when you're travelling with kids.

When we stayed in Rome, our son [then 15] loved going out in the morning and ordering the pastries for breakfast, and it's really nice to be able to come back in the evening after a hard day's sight-seeing and make a cup of tea!

There are loads of threads about apartments in Paris.

Good luck with whatever you decide on.
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 07:31 AM

We stayed at the Claude Bernard in the latin quarter with our two boys. they have a quad/family suite that is quite nice; elevator and A/C as well. good location near Notre Dame and three metro stops.
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 08:30 AM

I have reservations at the Hotel Michelet Odeon for next month. I used this hotel specifically because they offer connecting rooms - one with a large bed and one with 2 singles - for a price that was affordable to us. It is in the St. Germain area. You would have to ask them about the a/c - I am going in early March.

http://www.hotelmicheletodeon.com/
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 08:48 AM

Our family of 4 with 2 teens stayed at the Hotel du Palais Bourbon in July 2005. We had a wonderful two room family suite for 170 euros/night. The teens stayed in a connecting small bedroom with 2 twin beds. They had their own shower and sink next to their bedroom. They loved having their own room. The larger bedroom was very spacious. Lovely full bathroom with tub and shower off larger bedroom. Located on the same street as the Musee Rodin and an easy and pleasant 15-20 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower. We passed the Rue Cler enroute to the Tower. A/C worked well. Hotel is a two star- not luxurious but very clean, quiet and charming. Great continental breakfast too- fabulous coffee!
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Wow! Thanks much to all. I'll check all the suggestions out, including the apartments. It is good to know what the good experiences are out there--especially on my first overseas vacation. I appreciate your help!