Search

hotel in paris

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel in paris

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Paris? We will have a few families, so will need rooms that can accommodate two adults and three children or two adjoining rooms.
Old May 7th, 2007, 04:51 AM

This might be a good case for a couple of options:

1. contact Best Western - they have a LOT of properties in Paris, and that way you could organize everyone using one contact, even if it requires utilizing more than one hotel

2. look at Citadines, which is an 'aparthotel' - not sure about 3 children
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:03 AM

what is your budget per night? How many nights will you be in Paris?
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:09 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
there are hundreds of hotels in Paris so before anyone can give any sort if useful advice - -

1) budget?
2) how many people/families?

Rooms for 5 will be VERY hard to find unless you rent apartments . . . .
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:15 AM

rkt-- there are, literally, hundreds of Paris hotel suggestions for families already posted. I strongly suggest you do some homework, narrow down the info already posted, and then provide as feedback what location/hotel seems to be in the realm of what you are looking for. You will also get more useful replies if provide more info-- what time of the year? how many nights? any specific Paris district in mind? what is your budget? would you consider an apartment rental? are the children toddlers or adolescents? :-?
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:19 AM

hiya,we'll be in france this summer as well and found a fairly accomodating hotel,hotel Marignan ,rue du Sommerard,situated between the Lux. gardens and Notre Dame Cathedral.We've three small kids and they have rooms to suit from 130 euro per night.some have showers and some have to share one on the same floor with other guests,but guests have the use of the kitchens and laundry facilities as well.

best of luck,hope you enjoy the trip.
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:32 AM

If you are going to be in Paris for about 5 days to a week, I strongly suggest that you consider a big apartment.

I looked at one that would hold at least 6 people. The contact is [email protected]

The lady who responded was fluent in English. The apartment is on a gated street in the northwest quadrant of the city north of Gare St. Lazare.

I looked at the page maps and pictures and it looks ok in that area. Bus routes and a Metro station are close.

The agency is VRBO and the listing is 66195

We did not actually get there because I had planned a family visit which fell flat on its face, much to my disgust.

Th weekly price was 1500 € and included cleaning. That is a little over 200€ a night which would equal hotel prices for 2 rooms, possibly even cheaper unless yuo go to a really cheap place. Your savings would come in food costs: the apartment has a full kitchen. Moreover you would have much more space with amenities that are not usually available in even a good 3-star hotel and probably not even a 4 star.

The advance payments may be a slight pain, but doable.

I suggest you give it a thought or two before going to a hotel. Some of those hotels have very small rooms, particularly if you have 3 children bouncing about who are used to large rooms American style.

Old May 7th, 2007, 05:40 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Just a note re VRBO - it is not an agency. It is merely a listing site (sort of like Craig's list) where owners advertise their apartments. You deal directly w/ each individual owner.
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:54 AM

Hi rkt,
As others have suggested, do a search here for "Paris Hotel", get a big pot of coffee, and sit down for an hour or so of reading. This is a common question, and many good suggestions are to be found.

Budget...do you want the Ritz, or Henri's Hostel? Rooms for 4 are available, but less common, rooms for 5...

Time...if you are going for a week or more, an appartment would be more economical and I think more interesting than a hotel room. Check vrbo.com

When...summer is very busy, fall also during fashion season. If you are going in a couple of weeks, issue. If in a couple of months, you'll have time.

Location? Do you want the suburbs and train/Metro in everyday, or something central. Important note...the Metro,bus and RER system are excellent and widespread, so even in the outer areas of Paris, you may still only be 20-30 minutes from the core. And prices may be cheaper. But, a considertation is do you want to be located near, perhaps walking distance from, the main sites. In that case...central is best.

Arrondissements...if you haven't already, search for a map of Paris, with its 20 districts, called arrondissements. Figure out where the stuff you want to see is (e.g. Eiffel in the 7th, Louvre in the 1st, Notre Dame in the 4th). This will give you a high level feel for what is where.
Where to stay? Popular areas are the 4th(Marais), 5th (Latin Quarter) 6th (St Germain) and 7th (Eiffel).

There are many hotel booking agencies on line. I used Expedia last time I was there, buying both flight and hotel, I stayed in the 16th and it was fine. A couple include:

http://www.myhotelinparis.com/
http://www.travel-in-paris.com

There are many others..

So...decide if you want an appartment or not. If not, do a search here for 'paris adjoining rooms', and perhaps another for 'Paris hotel for 5'.

If appartment, do a search for that. I know I answered one post with a list of a dozen or so web listings. Many people here have rented, so there are reviews a plenty.

Mike

Old May 7th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all. I should've given more specifics in my original post. The kids are 14, 15 and 16. We will be in Paris June 1 - June 5. We would like to be in the middle of things, within walking distance to some attractions, etc. Our budget is probably middle of the road, not the fanciest, but not a hostel. Currently, we are considering the academie hotel. They can accommodate five with two adjoining rooms. Any thoughts?