Search

PARIS HOTEL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2007, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PARIS HOTEL

HAS ANYONE STAYED AT THE HOTEL BATIGNOLLES VILLIERS? IT IS IN THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE.
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO EUROPE, BEING FROM TEXAS, I NEED AIR CONDITIONING, AND THIS HOTEL HAS IT. IT IS GOOD LOCATION??????
THANKS.
SANDRA
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 01:16 PM

Sandra

Have you checked the reviews on tripadvisor.com? http://tinyurl.com/37dwj6

They seemed to be mixed, but generally ok. The price looks great. This is a less central location than many, including me, would pick, but if you are getting the under 100 euro rates, with AC, it ought to be OK. But if you are paying much more, you can probably do better.

Also, when is your trip?

I have to plead ignorance on "the Golden Triangle." I'm not sure what that is, and I'm on my way to my 5th visit to Paris. What are the points of this triangle?

And finally, I'm sure you didn't realize it, but it is considered poor form to type in all caps; in the eworld, it is the same as shouting.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 01:31 PM

There are several hotels that have been recommended here with AC. What is your budget?
The location, without knowing the neibourhood, is not what I would consider central, if that is important to you. There is one Metro line about 2 blocks from there that would take you directly to Champ Elysee, with 4 stops. Anywhere else you would need to transfer lines. I would say that you are not easy walking distance to the main sites. For Notre Dame, as an example, it would involve one transfer and 13 stops.

Hope this helps

Mike
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 02:08 PM

I know what the Golden Triangle is, it's an area that has luxe designer shops and is in the 8th arr.. It's that part of the 8th that forms a triangle to the SW of the Champs Elysees and the Seine.

It is definitely NOT where Hotel Batignolles Villiers is, this is completely wrong so you have been misled by someone on that point. The hotel doesn't say it is there on their website from what I can see. It's an okay area, a bit far out for some, on the edge of the 17th and 8th arr. near Villiers metro stop. It's not too far from Parc Monceau which is lovely. But a lot of first-timers would prefer something different.

The hotel doesn't look that great to me, not that it is awful, but nothing special and not that charming.

http://www.hotel-paris-batignolles.com/index.html

Most importantly, the website does not mention having any AC, and they usually do if they have it. Are you sure?

Interestingly, the English part of their website doesn't mention any triangle location, but the French part does. However, it does not say Triangle d'Or but that it is in the triangle between Montmartre, the Etoile and the Opera.

Old Feb 1st, 2007, 03:10 PM

I see no a/c on that website or in the photos. Keep looking. The Hotel Bonaparte is a very popular hotel on this board, Sandra, that does have a/c and a central location.
http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...p;tid=34929112
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 04:55 PM

Thanks, Christina. I didn't know about The Golden Triangle. That is also a name people use here in Pittsburgh, for the downtown area, that sits between the confluence of the Monongahela and Allegheny rivers. Not quite the same, I think.

Since I'm off to Paris in two weeks, I will just have to pay the "other" Golden Triangle a visit (or more).
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 06:51 PM

Sandra,

What time of year are you going? Many hotels that have A/C only have it available during the summer and it isn't turned on the rest of the year.

You may want to confirm that it will be available when you are there.

margy