Search

Paris Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 06:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Hotel

I am going with my husband on a business trip to Paris next week and am looking for hotel advice. We want a good hotel that has business services (internet access in rooms, business center, etc.) and a good location for me so I can do some go to museums during the day. We would also like the hotel to have a decent fitness facility. Any thoughts? While it would be nice to stay in a charming, small hotel, I don't think it will work for us given the business needs and desire for a fitness facility. Any ideas?
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 07:07 PM

Your need for a fitness facility, internet access, and location near museums probably means one of the large chain hotels would be most suitable. One possibility in the 1st is the Intercontinental, which is within walking distance of the Louvre and just across the Seine from the Musée d'Orsay. In the same general area are the Sofitel Castille and the Westminster; I don't know about fitness facilities in those, but their web sites should certainly give information about that and Internet access. There's also the Meurice, a lovely hotel, but considerably more pricey.
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 07:12 PM

Irene1, consider the Le Meridien Montparnasse. I got it on Priceline for my upcoming trip. But since you want to be sure of in-room Internet access, maybe book directly. They have rooms with high-speed wireless access, etc. It's convenient to transport. There's actually a lot about it if you search on this board.

http://www.lemeridien.com/france/par...n_fr1610.shtml

Otherwise, look at some of the Sofitel, Novotel, and Mercure options available at http://www.accor.com
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 07:16 PM

We stayed at the Sofitel Paris Bercy a few years ago...nice business hotel that should meet your needs. It's not as centrally located as others, but is right on the subway line and we didn't have a problem getting anywhere. There are some nice restaurants next to the hotel.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 12:26 AM

Without knowing your budget, it is hard to make a specific recommendation. There is a Marriott on the Champs Elysee which has a business center and is certainly well located. My personal favorite would be the Plaza Athenee a few steps off the Champs. They should have all you need:

Hôtel Plaza Athénée
25 Avenue Montaigne 75008
Tel: (33-1) 53-67-66-65
Fax: (33-1) 53-67-66-66
http://www.plaza-athenee-paris.com

Also take a look at the Leading Hotels of the World website (lhw.com) for other luxury suggestions, most luxury hotels would be able to offer business services and would have internet access from the rooms. They would also be charming and elegant, which you may or may not find at the US chain hotels.

Check the websites for Starwood, Hyatt and Hilton as well.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all these great suggestions. It looks like we are going to try the Westminster because of its location, amenities and price ($207 on hotels.com). I just don't have the nerve to try to do something on priceline given all of our requirements. Thanks again.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 11:20 AM

Irene1, I don't know anything about Westminster, but any 3rd-party booking agent is more risky than dealing directly if you have specific requirements like Internet access in the rooms. I would give the hotel a call to ensure everything will be what you want.