Paris - grocery stores in the 4th

Old Mar 1st, 2009, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris - grocery stores in the 4th

Hello. I will be staying in an apartment in the 4th, rue Saint Antoine near the Saint Paul Metro stop, and wanted to know where I could find a grocery store to pick up food for the week? I know I can get fresh fruits, vegetables, meats etc in the open markets but will need staples. Thanks in advance for any help, I appreciate your time.
Susan
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 09:32 AM

I'm staying in the 4th right now, and there is a Monoprix very near the Saint Paul metro (just east of the metro exit-towards Bastille). There is also an organic/natural foods market that I've not yet tried but which was recommended to me called Naturalia in about the same spot. Both are right on Rue Saint Antoine (or maybe Rue de Rivoli, can't remember exactly where it changes names).
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 09:57 AM

Susan, there is also a Franprix on St-Antoine. I think it is slightly west of the Monoprix mentioned by Sidny. There are also lots of specialty shops along St-Antoine towards Bastille: bakeries, a couple of take-out places (including at least one Asian traiteur), a butcher, etc.

Anselm
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 11:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
www.franprix.fr will give you a map of all of the nearest Franprix stores and their opening hours. Just type "75004" as the postal code.
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:30 AM

We stayed on rue Saint Antoine in 2001.

I thought the Monoprix offered good basics. HABA/Sundry items upstairs, food downstairs. If you cant fingure out what something is, ask another shopper.People are willing to help

There are fruit and veggie markets up and down the street.
I remember a cheese shop and Paul's bakery. ( to die for cranberry nut tarts)

I think I took a whole roll of film on this street with all the markets and foodstuff in windows.

Dont miss rue des Rosier. The deli's have wonderful dishes.

We will find apt. in that same area again this fall for 4 nights.

CANT WAIT...
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much to all of you, now that the grocery is all squared away I can't wait to hit the bakeries, I've never found a pastry that I didn't like! And the great thing is they're everywhere.
Merci,
Susan