Thrift Stores in Paris

Old Nov 7th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thrift Stores in Paris

Hello!

I am leaving for Paris in a few days and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for thrift stores. One friend suggested Emmaus Alternative at 22 Boulevard Beaumarchais. Any opnion on this? Also, does anyone know how to get there, ie. metro station and directions from the metro station.
Old Nov 7th, 2010, 06:05 PM

If you google 22 Boulevard Beaumarchais Paris, you will see a map with the location marked and the nearest metro stations, which appear to be Bastille, Chemin Vert, and Breguet-Sabin.
Old Nov 7th, 2010, 09:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
There are also the Guerrisol shops that sell used clothing for 1 or 2 euros.
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 01:13 AM

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...6-tati_paris-i
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 01:47 AM

I saw the title and was going to suggest Emmaus on Bvd Beaumarchais.

The closest metro is Bastille, look for the Rue St Antoine or Richard Lenoir exits - Bvd Beaumarchais is between the two.

Alternatively, if you find yourself in Place des Vosges you can walk along Rue du Pas de la Mule, cross Rue des Tournelles and you come out on Bvd Beaumarchais. Cross over and the Emmaus shop is a few yards to your right.

There is also another vintage shop in the Marais, on a corner of Rue des Francs Bourgeois and Rue Pavee or Rue Sevigne (I think it's around there, if not it won't be far away.) It was filled with rails packed with everything from wedding dresses to WWII army caps, scarves, shoes, lots of fur, and the prices I looked at did not seem unreasonable.
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 07:02 AM

hi enjoying life - last November I rented an apartment on rue Tiquetonne, there were several resale shops on rue Etienne Marcel between Metro Etienne Marcel and Montorgueil. One was for a very large shop that mainly catered to the younger crowd but was very interesting. Sorry I don't recall the name but I think you may find several in this area. Have a great visit.
Susan
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 07:04 AM

oh, when you come to the street from Etienne Marcel Metro turn to your left and scour the streets from E M and to the right. The area to the left of E M is Les Halles.