Search

Paris for 5 nights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris for 5 nights

Hello everyone,

As part of our 9 nights in France, we will be spending 5 nights in Paris after our 4 nights in the Loire Valley.

We were in Paris with our children 3 summers ago (my husband and I are travelling alone as a couple this time) and we have narrowed our hotel choices to the following:

Hotel Verneuil
Hotel Grand Hotel Saint Michel
Hotel Fontaines du Luxembourg
Hotel des Académies et des Arts

The bottom three are all near to Luxembourg Gardens while the Hotel Verneuil is near to La Seine, across from Le Louvre.

We would appreciate any advice on which you hotel you would choose, considering we like being close to restaurants and nightlife, as well as near to all of the sights.

Thanks so much.

Andrea
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 03:53 PM

I've stayed at the Verneuil and loved it. The rooms are smallbut nicely furnished and bathrooms are almost the same size/I guess if you reserve a superior mroom it would be larger but the regilar wa adequate. Loads of cafes nearby. bistro de paris is one of our favorites. The staff is very welcoming, we had food poisoning while we were thereand they were very caring and helpful. I learned never to order fiash on monday from them.Walk to the d'Orsay and louve.Tuileries and good transport nearby,
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 04:09 PM

I stayed at the Grand Hotel Saint Michel in March, and really enjoyed it. My only complaint was that the modern design of the bathroom valued form a little over function - the water would splash over the sink if you turned it on full blast, and the side of the bathtub/shower was really high to step over. But these were only minor annoyances for me! It was in a great location for general sightseeing - probably a ten-minute walk to Notre Dame, five minutes to the Cluny/La Sorbonne metro stop or the Luxembourg RER stop. I actually walked to a lot of places from there, rather than taking the metro. There were plenty of good cafes within walking distance that were busy well into the evening, though I'm not sure the Latin Quarter area is the best spot if you're looking for more fine dining experiences (we weren't, so I don't know for sure!).

The hotel staff was friendly and extremely helpful as well. Among other things, we bought tickets online for a concert at Sainte-Chappelle and they were happy to print them out for us. There's a Monoprix down the street, which came in handy.
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 03:18 AM
Original Poster

Hi,

The Hotel Verneuil is located a few steps from La Seine, on Rue de Verneuil, with the Pont de Carousel that takes you to the Louvre almost outside the hotels front door.

I am really leaning towards this hotel because of its location but I am hoping it's not to far a walk to good nightlife.

Am I correct in choosing this hotel?

Andrea
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 03:50 AM

Good choice! It has been a few years since we've stayed there since we now use apartments, but it was a pleasant stay in a very nice location. It is a very short walk up to St. Germain which has lots of restaurants and shops....not sure about nightlife, though.