Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris: Flights under $700 in June? March?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I'm re-posting this message just in case others who did not see it would like to share their opinion, as well. I would greatly appreciate it!

My husband and I are planning a trip to Paris next year, 2008.

I do know that it is not only difficult to predict Parisian (or any city's) weather, but also airfare. That said, I am looking for your honest opinions regarding a trip to Paris during March 11th-17th or June 12th-18th. I do know that it will most likely be cold and/or rainy in March. Is it too cold or does it rain too much to wander and enjoy the city? I don't mind the cold, but I don't want to have to be inside the entire trip...even if it is a museum or a cafe .

Obviously, if money were no matter, we would opt for the June trip, but it looks like the airfare will be close to $1200++ in June vs. $700-- in March. That's too much of a difference for us.

I guess the BIG question is...how likely is it to find a flight for under $700 in mid-June from Austin/San Antonio/Houston to Paris?

THANKS SO MUCH!

Tara
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 12:18 PM

you said it -- no one can predict a year in advance how much it will rain that week next year. But if you want to know if it typically rains every day in March, no. Have you ever visited the east coast in the US, say Wash DC or NY? It's about the same weather as Paris much of the year (only summer is usually more humid and hotter in DC), including March, so if you could plan for that trip in March, do the same.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 12:22 PM

We visited Paris twice over spring breaks. It was March or April and it rained, sideways, almost every day. Did it ruin our trip? No. Would we go to Paris in March again? No.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 12:43 PM

Instead of reposting and having two threads floating around it is best to add another post to your original thread. Much less confusing for you and those responding. ttt means to the top if you want to just write that to get your post kicked back up to the top of the list for more people to view it.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

Hi Everyone,

Thanks again for all of your replies! So, the opinions on March vs. June seem to be split down the middle. Rain would be more annoying than the cold (for me) and from what I have researched; June gets more rain than March. Am I right?

Tara
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks amwosu...I didn't realize that-duh.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

How do I delete one of my posts?
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 05:45 PM

Don't worry about deleting it. I don't think you have that power unless you want to start cussing and calling people names so your thread will be pulled- but of course you would also get kicked off the boards.

The great thing about this board is you just find one of your posts, even on someone else's thread and click on your name and all of the threads you've participated in will pop up so you can continue to follow the conversation.