Paris equivalent of Kinko's & Michael's

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinko's & Michaels Arts and Crafts are two franchises that we have in the US that I need to find some kind of equivalent of in Paris. Kinko's of course started out as a copy shop & Michaels is an arts and crafts store that also has standard size frames in stock.

1. We need to find a store like a Kinko's where I can bring my USB thumb drive & print a file on standard size paper, I forget the ISO equivalent for the US 8.5 x 11.

2. Then we need a store where we can mount the printout in a simple business type frame that they would have already in the store. No matting or anything necessary, just something we could pop in the frame.

It will be a simple certificate that we will create for someone that they can hang on the wall. Please advise if there are any places like this in Paris.

Thanks again everyone !
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 03:17 AM

I'm not sure from what you say what format your file is in (the print size you are looking for is A4).

www.pagesjaunes.fr lists over 400 copying and printing services in Paris. Plenty of these must be able to print from word-processable files, but they might not necessarily carry photo frames. They also list 150 photo shops, most of which will almost certainly have frames (you'll also find photo and document lamination services in lots of places). There's a chain called France Loisirs that seems to have half a dozen shops in Paris, and any neighbourhood will have instant photo transfer/print services. The shop fronts should be fairly self-explanatory. Fortunately, the relevant French vocabulary is likely to be familiar: "photo", "service", "copie, "document", "labo". Print is "imprimer".

Would it be worth converting your document into a photo format as well to maximise the options?
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 07:42 AM

You could email yourself the file, to to an internet shop and open the file and print it there.

The framing part I don't know but I'm sure it will get answered here.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 07:56 AM

Travelnut's suggestion sounds the best. Once you've printed it, plenty of photo shops will have ready-made A4 frames to sell.

Other handy vocab:

"impression numérique" = printing from digital files

"encadrement" = framing, "cadre" = frame
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 09:12 AM

I can't help with the photo thing as I don't do those, but tons of stores have simple frames, if that's all you want. Just go to a Monoprix and buy a cheap frame.