Paris cooking classes

Search

Paris cooking classes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris cooking classes

Hi, I'd like to take one or two cooking classes while in Paris -- maybe at two separate schools so I can have some experience to help me choose classes for future trips.. Ideally I'd like to spend between 65-100 euros per class. I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience with La Cuisine classes -- or has any recommendations for other schools. Definitely need class to be taught in English. I'm interested in classes of 2-3 hours at most.

Thanks for any input you may have!
Old Feb 18th, 2017, 03:00 PM

We took a cooking class last year at Reed in the 7th. Catherine Reed, the chef, conducts the class at her restaurant and it is taught in English. We enjoyed it very much.
Old Feb 19th, 2017, 04:32 AM

I've taken many classes at La Cuisine and have enjoyed all of them. They are reasonably priced and their location on the quai near the Hotel de Ville is easy to find.
I've also taken classes at cooknwithclass. Some of their prices are a tad higher than La Cuisine but the classes are fun (really enjoyed their dessert class). Their location is in the 18th (pretty sure about this).
Usually I base my decision on what is being offered at each cooking school the day(s) I can take a class.
Old Feb 22nd, 2017, 05:27 AM

Irock5: thank you for the information about Catherine Reed's cooking class at her restaurant. As a result of your suggestion, DH and I attended her class this morning. It was wonderful. The menu was great -- roast chicken with side dishes and dessert. It included things that I make at home so that I can easily use Catherine's techniques.

Originally from Canada and with years of experience in France and elsewhere in Europe, Catherine is a delight to converse with. As the only people in her class today, the time flew by, as we chatted and cooked and laughed and ate until late afternoon. We will definitely be back.
Old Feb 22nd, 2017, 06:07 AM

I've taken classes at both Cookin With Class and La Cuisine. Enjoyed them both. The best class I took was with Chef Julien Roucheteau at Table du Lancaster at Hotel du Lancaster. At 220 euro it was above your price but was an amazing experience to work with a Michelin star chef in his own kitchen. He only offers it once each month but if you write the hotel they can tell you when.
Old Feb 22nd, 2017, 06:35 AM

I've enjoyed Catherine Reed's class as well and have used the recipes at home. The only problem I have is wanting to go for another class but finding that the dishes being taught are very similar to what I've already learned from her and I'd like to learn something new.
Old Feb 22nd, 2017, 09:45 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed the cooking class Leyden. We have been eating at Reed for years but my daughter and I took the class last March. I think my husband and I may try to take a class there in June. I really want to learn to make her tomato tart. I love it.
Old Feb 22nd, 2017, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Irock5 and Judy -- I have thought about Reed but haven't checked on taking a class yet. Do you recall how much the class was and how far ahead you had to sign up for a class?

So far I have signed up with one class at La Cuisine (for the éclair class) and am looking forward to that.
Old Feb 22nd, 2017, 12:50 PM

We have taken several classes at Reed with Catherine.
It is always a fun morning/afternoon. Catherine is a delight and so knowledgeable.
Also, we have taken classes at the Cordon Bleu