Paris bus #69 route ? Robespierre?

Old Jul 13th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris bus #69 route ? Robespierre?

Would someone please post a link that will show me where bus #69 stops along rue St-Dominique between Ave De La Bourdannais and Blvd De La Tour Maubourg?

I have repeatedly tried various links from prior posts without success. Robespierre could very well (Please, sir?) pull this card out of his sleeve in the blink of an eye, but assistance from anyone else familiar with the route would also be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 07:27 PM

When you go to ratp.fr, you click on Plan des lignes - second left column, under plans click bus, the first line will state "Afficher le plan de la ligne n°", just type "69". It will give you the entire route and the map of the area. It seems you will want the stop before Invalides.
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 07:46 PM

To catch it going the other direction [toward the Eiffel Tower], walk south to rue Grenelle. This is the best of all the lines:

http://www.ratp.info/orienter/f_plan...&nompdf=69
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to you, too, RonZ! I'm so grateful for the willingness of the people here to share their knowledge!

This will be my first stay in Paris not spent as a Metro mole. The #69 bus line is a lot closer to my rented apartment than the nearest subway stop.

My last experience with riding a bus was at age 18, pregnant and puking from Miami to Tallahassee in the putrid toilet of a lurching Greyhound.

Little wonder that it has taken me till my grandchild years to even contemplate boarding another such conveyance.
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 06:43 PM

To view the routes in their geographical contexts, see this map:

http://www.ratp.info/orienter/f_plan...eur&fm=pdf
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Original Poster

First, let me thank Robin4 again, which I did immediately after her helpful post last and which, mysteriously, has disappeared.

Robespierre, I fear we are doomed to be forever unlinked.

Though I am grateful for your direction, the same thing happened just now when I clicked on your link that happened last night when I clicked on previously posted links of yours: a rise in my blood pressure.

The ratp.fr heading appears, but no image completes the screen. Worse, tonight, my laptop got hot with effort, then froze. Maybe I hit the refresh icon with a bit too much ferocity. Or impatient frequency.

Control Alt Delete couldn't extricate me, nor Esc. Had to unplug and take out the battery to skirt the freeze status, then reboot. Grrrrr...

Obviously, I am a seriously confused individual, but how come the other posters' links work and yours won't?
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 08:08 PM

The <i>Bus Paris (avec rues)</i> plan is a 1.41 mb pdf file, which is about twelve times the size of the N&deg; 69 bus map.

Click on the URL and go to lunch. Patience is a virtue.

<i>p.s.</i> Be sure to &quot;Save a copy&quot; to your hard drive so you don't have to download it again!
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Original Poster

I knew you would know the answer!!

OK, I'll follow your advice and stoically try patience, if for nothing else, the sheer novelty of the approach.
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 03:44 AM

On our last trip (May), we used the bus more than the metro - it was great! I had bought a new mapbook last year and got familiar with it between trips. It's called &quot;le petit Parisien - 3 plans par arrondissement&quot; by l'Indispensable, dark blue cover. It is too large for a pocket (5x8.25&quot but ok for a purse/handbag pocket. Each arr. has a separate map for: Metro, street, and bus. This map really made using the bus simple, as you can clearly see where the bus stops are positioned. It also has charts to show you how the bus stops and metro stops are related (or 'correspondence').
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 06:22 AM

Try right-clicking on the link, then click on &quot;Save Target As&quot; and save it to your hard drive. Then, open the file. Sometimes with large pdf files (this one is 1.454 KB) this works better.

You can print sections of this map. Change the zoom percentage (65+ % depending upon the size area you wish to print, and how large you need the print for reading street names). Then, position the address where you are staying in the center, lower left, etc. When you like what you see on the screen, click on File, Print, Current View.

I always print a variety of these to tuck in my pocket once there.
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 06:34 AM

By the way, a more direct answer to the original question can be found here:

http://www.ratp.info/picts/plans/pdf...r_maubourg.pdf
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 04:18 PM

Robeepierre,

Can I get the printed Bus Route Map and individual route map at the tourism office?

Thanks for your response.
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 04:30 PM

You used to be able to get all the maps at the RATP boutiques (the largest being the one at Ch&acirc;telet), but I don't know whether they still provide this service.

The <i>Grand Plan de Paris</i> (M&eacute;tro on one side, bus on the other) is widely available at most ticket windows.
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

&quot;O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!&quot;

Robespierre, mightily learned one, you have given me just the thing!

At first, being the doofus that I am, I was trying to read the map at the initial 46% magnification, not realizing it could be enlarged to 100%

As I hunched over my laptop, squinting intently down at the screen like a myopic gargoyle, my husband wandered by and exclaimed, &quot;Geez, babe! Relax!&quot;

The man simply hasn't the slightest notion of the crucially vital necessity for minutely detailed trip planning.
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 08:05 PM

The very same bus_paris_geo is available at many newsstand kiosks and shops specializing in periodicals in the form of a huge fold-out map (gorgeous, suitable for framing - &quot;Plan de Paris&quot; anyone?)

Better, however, is to change the zoom on the pdf file and print sections you'll likely need on a sheet of paper to fold up and tuck in a pocket.
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 08:07 PM

PS

Ever so useful, in addition to where to get on, is where to get off and where to transfer to another route...

Some buses have digital displays - This Stop, Next Stop...others have audio announcements...others only maps of the route displayed throughout the bus.

Most of the time, if you advise the driver where you'd like to get off, you'll be told, but not always.