Circular Bus Routes in Paris??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I take a ride on one of the Paris buses to see the sights, do they make circular routes? In other words can I ride it to the end and then take it back to the same stop which I got on?
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 04:05 PM

I think that you can. For instance you can take the bus 80
it has a very nice route ending in Montmartre from there you can take the navette a little bus that takes you up to Montmartre and brings you back to the last stop of the 80 which is the Mairie de Montmartre or Mairie of the XVIII.
A bus that also has a nice route is the 69 most of the time its route is like parallel going up and coming down. Check in a map of Paris buses. This bus stars at the Eiffel Tower and takes you at least to the Pere Lachesse Cemetery. It is good to go to the Marais , Louvre an much more.
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 04:22 PM

There are multiple hop on - hop off bus companies that have various loops around the city. Wish I could remember the name of the one I used. Well worth the money - about $30US.
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 05:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
In my experience, you have to get off the city buses at the end of the line and then get on again to make the return trip, even when the return is down a different street and might be described as circular. I don't know whether all the routes are like that, but at least some of them are.
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 06:34 PM

www.ratp.fr
Click on
~ Plan des lignes (on the left)
~ Bus (from the lower middle)
~ Again from the middle, pick the one with buses and streets (Bus Paris avec rues) - wait for it to download, then wait for it to load all the layers of info - it is an awesome map!
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 07:15 PM

Yes, but the ride is long, as it stops so frequently. There is a line that you'll notice on the map link from the above posting, where the line actually just follows the Seine around. Not a true circular, but rather, a sort of semi-lunar route. That is a nice ride, however, regardless, I would plan on the trip growing old after about 40 min, at which time you'll want to just transfer to whatever bus or Metro line will take you directly back to your origin.

When we visited Paris we rode both metro and bus. Bus was a bit longer of a ride, but involved less walking from platform to platform, so we found that it was actually more to our liking.
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 04:41 AM

My favorite Paris route..Bus #69
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 04:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why pay $30 for the hop-on/off bus when a Mobilis pass for zones 1 and 2 is only 5.80 euro and you can use the metro as well?
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 05:47 AM

As I mentioned before and avalon concurs get the 69 bus it has a great route. You do not have to go all the way, get it at Tour Eiffel and may be you can get off at
Birage one block from Place de Vosges or go one more stop to La Bastille. This is a wonderful line, the 80 too.

Old Jan 5th, 2009, 05:54 AM

>> Why pay $30 for the hop-on/off bus when a Mobilis pass for zones 1 and 2 is only 5.80 euro and you can use the metro as well? <<

Well, because I can get off the tour bus at any stop and pick up another bus when it comes by. Plus, I get an audio "tour" as you go along.

Old Jan 5th, 2009, 06:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Well, because I can get off the tour bus at any stop and pick up another bus when it comes by." Huh?? Are you suggesting you can't do that with a regular bus and a Mobilis pass? In fact, the regular buses will give you a lot more stops.

"Plus, I get an audio "tour" as you go along." Well, I prefer to rely on my guidebooks, but if I want audio, I download a free podcast for my iPod.