Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris Bois de Bologne transportation question

Old Apr 17th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am off to Paris with my 81 year old mother and am hoping to take her to lunch at Jamin or Le Pre Catalan in the Bois de Bologne. I also hope to get to the Parc Bagatelle so that she can see the roses.My question is this... can one take a taxi right to the restaurants or does one have to take the bus that runs along the allee Longchamps and walk from the closest stop? My mom has difficulty walking long distance so this is a concern for me in making these reservations. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have booked cooking lessons at a restaurant and a winetasting along with a trip to Giverny to make this a special trip for my mom.This will be our 6th trip together to Paris (the 3rd last trip as my mom insists each trip is her last hurrah. We will see how much trouble(fun!) we can get into this time. Thanks for the great info and ideas from all Paris fans.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 11:12 AM

Of course you can take a taxi. Do you think a fancy, expensive restaurant like Pre Catalan could stay in business if they said every guest had to come by public bus?
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 11:29 AM

No problem. The restaurant will call a taxi for you when you're ready to leave. We love lunch at the Pre Catalan!
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 03:39 AM

My first trip to Paris, my one big goof. I thought I could walk from the metro to the restaurant. There we were, all dressed up, my ex in a suit even and a tie! and the walk, I kid you not, was like 45 minutes, and NO ONE would stop to give us a ride.

I was almost in tears when we got there thirty minutes lates, almost too tired from the anxiety of missing our lunch to even enjoy it. The lunch and the ex - long forgotten. The frantic walk - like it was yesterday.

WOuldn't go there again to save my life.
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 06:32 AM

If the weather is fair, consider saving some walking and having an alfresco lunch at Les Gardens de Bagatelle in the Bagatelle Gardens. Lovely setting. Check the website.