Paris Bercy station Luggage Storage?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone used the storage at Paris Bercy station? I've read conflicting info on whether available at this station? Cost? We're staying in the 7th arr and have to ck out of our apt on a Sunday morning by 9:30am -- however, our night train to Milan doesn't depart until 7pm.. not really convenient to trek all the way to Bercy and store luggage - then back to 7th for church service at American Church then FatBike Tours (in 7th) - but don't know of alternatives? Doubt Fat Bike Tours or American Church would store luggage for 6 persons for Sun morning?? Any other suggestions?
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:38 AM

Where did you read that it was available at Bercy. I haven't used it, but I've never read it does and the SNCF online guide to the various train stations' services doesn't say Bercy has baggage storage. Gare du Nord does.

see www.gares-en-mouvement.com and "services" by gare

I think it would be a good idea to plan that differently in your case with such a late train departure. I would only book an apt through the second to last day, check out of it at your leisure, and then book a hotel room for the last day/night. They will usually keep luggage for you until you need to leave town, after checkout. Also, because you've already packed up, basically, you will be able to get going early that last day to do what you want to do rather than spending it packing and doing some apt. checkout/cleaning.
Old May 14th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

It's much too late to change plans - we leave in 2 wks and our apt is booked - as is our overnight on Artesia Night train out of Bercy.

Below is raileurope site that profiles each station and services -- and looks to say that baggage storage is available at Bercy...??

http://www.raileurope.com/us/train_s...sgarebercy.htm

I agree that other resources do not state that Bercy has baggage storage.. reason I'm confused.. Guess I'll call Raileurope and ask if they can confirm the info or Budget Europe Travel where I bought tickets.

I found an old thread that stated no left luggage at Bercy - but that was 2005 and could be outdated by now.??
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:45 PM

VeeBee,

Please post what you find out, when you do.

I was sure I, too, saw on some site (I will look through my notes where) about a luggage storage at Bercy, and we are in a similar boat to you - staying at an apt and then taking a night train.

Old May 14th, 2007, 01:05 PM

there are lockers in many stations but many of these have been closed for years due to security reasons. I doubt it they have the necessary screening devices at the little used Bercy station to have left luggage - all stations in France that i've seen with luggage storage is in lockers that are inside the airport-type screening machines. I've been to Bercy but don't remember this type of screening machine there. And except for when night trains are leaving and arriving i think the station is basically deserted so why would they have manned screening all day that would be required. Nearby Gare de Lyon certainly has screened lockers that are open.

Unlikely IMO for Bercy to have them.
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:37 PM

I'm fairly sure there is no left luggage office at Bercy, but there is one at the nearby Gare de Lyon which is one stop on the metro or a short walk. Other big stations with left luggage are Nord and Montparnasse: look at a metro map to see which is easiest to reach.
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for input....Sounding more like Gare de Lyon will be my option...i called RailEurope today about the info on their website -- sounds like they really don't know what the latest is and don't update that info...called budget europe travel -- and was told yes that there were lockers - but not sure if they're available due to security.. also emailed scnf and looked up info on their website -- again -- looks like doubtful Bercy would have the necessary anti-explosion screening capability. SOOO - I'm going to just plan to go with family to Gare de Lyon early Sun am and drop luggage and then go about our day -- return to Lyon to get luggage and Metro to Bercy. UGH! A bit of a pain - eh? Funny what you learn after you've already planned a specific itin - locking you into a situation!
Old May 15th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

The answer from SNCF below:

We acknowledge receipt of your message.

Please find bellow the list of stations offering left luggage service.

Paris :
- Austerlitz
- Lyon
- Montparnasse
- Nord

According to the size of the shelf, prices should be :

€ 3,50 ( small), € 6 (medium) or € 8 (large) for 48 to 72 hours.

Best Regards,

Juanita
Aide en ligne
www.voyages-sncf.com
Du lundi au vendredi
de 09H00 à 20H00
samedi 09H00-18H00
(sauf jours fériés)

Old May 15th, 2007, 06:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I learned something -- I didn't know that Austerlitz had lockers.

I think that Gare de l'Est will have lockers also once the complete renovation has been finished. I went by there on Sunday and saw that impressive new areas of the station are just about ready to open.
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:11 AM

Austerlitz has always had lockers open and i've used them for years - not a whole lot of patronage it seems.

As for Est - Jack i too recently strolled thru the renewing station and asked the info kiosk about lockers and she said 'non, pour l'instance' implying after reconstruction finishes they will reopen.

Used to be Est allowed bags to stay for 72 hours for flat fee but Nord only 48 hours - austerlitz is 72 hours.
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:17 AM

Sorry to hi-jack this thread but since we've learned about the luggage..PalQ..have you ever eaten at any of those "autogrill" places in any stations in Paris?

Are they good/bad/to beavoided at all costs?

I'm thinking (way) ahead to my stopping off at Montparnasse later this yera and know I'll be hungry for an early lunch...any ideas?

thanks.
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:19 AM

VeeBee and others -

Thank you soooo much for following up on this. Now we know what to do, too. This site and all of its members are wonderful!!
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:22 AM

Dukey - no i haven't - only do a coffee before train.
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:40 AM

Thanks, Pal...guess I'll just have to make that aprt of the adventure and elaborate in the subsequent trip report.
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Autogrill is an Italian chain that has quite a few autoroute concession restaurants all over France. I would presume that their new miniature stands in some of the Paris train stations are no worse.