Jan 5th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Paris Apartments - which one to choose?

I have narrowed down my choice to the following:

http://www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_74.htm

This apartment is on Ave de la Motte Piquet, 7th Arrondissement

or

http://www.cecile-apartments.com/par...-apartment.php

This apartment is on the Rue du Bourg Tibourg, Paris, France, 4th Arrondissement.

The second apartment is approx 60 Euro more a night but I am willing to pay it if the location far outweighs the first apartment's location. I am taking my mum to Paris for the first time so we won't be out clubbing but we will definitely want to be out at night eating etc.

Not being familiar with the city I am unsure which one I should choose as they both look very nice and have had good reviews.

Thanks,
Jan 5th, 2011, 04:11 PM

You won't go wrong with either choice-great looking places. I have stayed at the Hotel Bourg Tibourg several times and like both the street and the location. The Marais apartment has a good central location, close to the #1 Metro line.
Jan 5th, 2011, 06:27 PM

I agree,you should be happy with either, both neighborhoods are great, I prefer the 4th arrondissement though. The apartment looks great except that it does not have an elevator and it's on the 3rd floor, which means 4 flights of stairs...if your mom up for that?

I would take the other one if that is an issue for her.
Jan 5th, 2011, 06:44 PM

I agree completely with Susanna. That's a lot of stairs, but a nice apartment in a good location.

I like the 7th, too, and know some people that much prefer it to the Marais. It kind of depends on you and what sort of atmosphere you like.
Jan 5th, 2011, 07:03 PM

I'd choose The Marais---just my preference. The closer to the Seine and Notre Dame, the better, IMO.
Jan 5th, 2011, 09:27 PM

I would choose the Marais! CJ
Jan 6th, 2011, 01:59 AM

A friend of mine stayed at the apt on Motte Piquet and loved it. We tried to get it a year later and it was booked. We rented an apartment in the 7th from ParisPerfect and loved being in that neighborhood. . after having stayed in hotels on the Isle St Louis and on rue Jacob in the 6th ..
I enjoyed walking through the markets and picking up snacks and flowers and having afternoon drinks at the local cafe on the corner..
Jan 6th, 2011, 02:00 AM

And the building has an elevator , which really works for me after a day of walking all over Paris !
Jan 6th, 2011, 04:20 AM

While I much prefer the Marais location , the lack of an elevator makes the 7th apt more desirable for me
Jan 6th, 2011, 06:14 AM

I also think either would be fine in terms of location. I myself am not crazy about the Marais, but am not crazy about the other area either (at first I thought it was really in the 15th, which I like better, but it's near rue Cler). The 7th one would be a bit less hectic in terms of general surroundings, which is one reason I don't like the Marais (plus the narrow congested streets over there). But it would be a convenient location if your desire is to be near the Seine, sure.

Personally, I just don't like and would not rent duplex apts, that bothers me the most about the Marais one. Many are worse than that and I think could be illegal constructions within a regular apt. with very unstable stairs or open circular stairs, but those stairs look a bit better than some but are still very steep. I've rented several apts that were 3rd floor walkups and that doesn't bother me as much as those stairs within the apt. You do realize there is one bathroom in that place, and it is in the upper area, which is not going to be very convenient in general, and especially not for the person sleeping on the sofabed. I often go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, for example, and would hate that situation.

So I wouldn't consider the second one for that reason, but I think both locations are fine and would suit your purposes. The Marais one a bit more convenient for sightseeing.
Jan 6th, 2011, 02:57 PM

For the elevator and the location - a little calmer but still great access to dining, attractions and shops - I'd vote for the one in the 7th. The separate w/c is a plus, too.

We've stayed not far from there and enjoyed it very much. Highly recommend the Rodin Museum, especially in good weather when the gardens are delightful.