Search

paris apartments

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2003, 02:04 PM
mcb
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paris apartments

We recently stayed at an apartment we found with parisperfect.com It was wonderful and actually nicer than the pictures on the website. I am a flight attendant and looked at 5 different properties before finding this one and renting for a week. We had a wonderful time made better by the accommodations. The owners are very nice and helpful with information on local cafes and shops. I highly recommend their apartments.
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 02:18 PM
CalgirlSusan

Isn't that interesting, mcb? According to the quick click I just did on your name I see you just now registered to tell us that. You've never been on this website before? You've never asked a question or sought advice? And yet you come here to tell us about this great find? How strange. In fact it's almost as strange as the fact that every couple of months posts identical to yours appear here about those same apartments. Could this be called advertising? If not, please tell us which of their apartments you rented and how much it was. Was the apartment the only thing in Paris you found that was worth commenting about?

Old Mar 31st, 2003, 02:29 PM

Good post, CalgirlSusan!
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 02:57 PM

Ooops, I'd say you've been busted, mcb.<BR>Other reviews about these apartments have been somewhat mixed. Mostly the negatives have to do with the location -- not the most convenient as compared with apartments in the Latin Quarter or the 6th. And I found their one bedroom ones awfully pricey compared to many others available at better locations. But on the chance that you are real, I'd be interested in why you found this particular apartment to be so great.
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 03:49 PM

CalgirlSusan, I’m so glad I’m not the only sceptic willing to bust the transparent advertisers who post here thinking they can fool us. It’s funny how you can almost always recognize their posts, isn’t it? It would be surprising if mcb comes back to reply to any of these questions about the original post.
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 04:43 PM

CalgirlSusan -- Great Bust (No pun intended).<BR><BR>We actually did stay at parisvacationapartments.com last month (Rue Cortot) and it was a wonderful experience. Some claim that the Montmartre area is a bit seedy, but we found it typically Parisian. Even had our portrait done. My wife, who is afraid of her shadow, loved the area.
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 01:22 AM

Great sleuthing Calgirl. I have had the same feeling (for months and months now) regarding the advertising thing. I actually did stay in one of these apartments and did NOT have a great experience (my review is on another post). For me the location was fine. It was other things that weren't appealing. Anyway Calgirl you are brave and on target!
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 02:41 AM

I always thought these apartemnts looked beautiful on the website. Can someone fill me in on problems other than location.
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 05:06 AM
mcb
Original Poster

I am for real. My mother, sister, her boyfriend and two teenage children stayed at the the Bordeaux apartment on the corner of Avenue Rapp and Rue Saint Dominique March 8-14. It has 2 bathrooms, 2 waterclosets, 2 bedrooms and the kids slept on the couches. It was $315 per night so about 50 dollars per person. It was so nice to have a beautiful and fully equipped kitchen, from dishwasher to espresso machine. The kids loved the tv, stereo, dvd and vcr.There is a large livingroom to hang out in after a long day of sight seeing. We saw all the hightlights of Paris from the Louvre to St. Chapelle to the boat trip on the Seine and a day trip to Versailles. We enjoyed being so close to the Eiffel Tower and my sister went for a run every morning in the park next to the Eiffel tower and along the river. There is a grocery store and a wine shop and a cheese shop on the same block as the apartment. The owners e-mailed us lots of information about the neighborhood that helped us plan our trip. There was even a huge bouquet of fresh flowers on the coffee table when we arrived. We did not have any trouble with anti-Americanism or pickpockets and found the French to be very kind and helpful to us. I am from Minnesota and this was my 73 year old mothers first trip to Paris and we wanted to rent a nice parisian apartment for her to really enjoy her stay and we found it with parisperfect. I am sorry you are so cynical. I actually found the apartment web site by searching at fodors.com Mary
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 06:50 AM

HI,<BR><BR>I just came back from a stay in Paris Perfect's Bordeaux apartment as well and I can attest to the quality and beauty of the place, the helpfulness of the owners, etc. It was my first trip to Paris so I have nothing to compare it to but I liked staying in the 7th. It was nice to come back to a more residential area after a long hard day of sightseeing. To all you skeptics, I say, stay away! The place will be available the next time I visit Paris! <BR><BR>Patti
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 10:32 AM

I like to think I am a big enough person to admit when I'm wrong, so I hereby apologize to you, mcb.<BR><BR>Unfortunately, there have been times when people have posted falsely in attempts to promote their business, so some of us have become cynical and suspicious. Mea culpa, and glad you had such a good trip.
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 10:44 AM

mcb: Our 3 generational family are booked for the Bordeaux June 16... I have booked Michael Osmond (sp) for a day. His last message was that he was off to take visitors from &quot;my&quot; apartment. So I am always glad to hear anythng about parisperfect. Since we get there on a Monday, I am concerned that many grocery stores are closed. Was the nearby store open Monday? Did they have a tag-a-long grocery cart in the apt? I understand that folks bring their own bags to grocery stores. Any other tips? May I email you directly?
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 11:06 AM
Brutforce

Janeg - You should be Ok on Monday. I know on Sunday the Monoprix (grocery chain) closes @ 1pm. Our host @ our rental property did a wonderful job directing us to where everything was in our neighborhood. (We rented from Panache between the Bastille &amp; the Seine.)I am certain you will get the same info from Parisperfect &amp; may be able to get it in advance as well.

Old Apr 1st, 2003, 12:27 PM

HI Janeg,<BR><BR>The grocery stores in the neighborhood (there are two--one on rue St. Dominique and one on avenue de la Bourdonnais) are both open til at least 7pm on weekdays. Also, rue Cler is just up the street and there are several bakeries and butcher shops in the neighborhood (one right across the street sells tasty rotisserie chicken) that are open late. The grocery stores do supply bags if you need them. <BR><BR>You'll love Michael Osman--we had a great time with him and saw some things we probably would have missed on our own. <BR><BR>Have fun!<BR><BR>Patti
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 05:20 PM

We stayed at the Bordeaux in late December and it was a great experience -the best Paris rental we have had. It was very comfortable and spacious, charming, bright and well furnished and supplied. We loved the view of the street life and the Eiffel Tower and have always loved the neighborhood. The owners went out of their way to make sure we were happy and happy we were! We are returning next December. <BR><BR>Now I have a question. Who is this Michael Osmond? If he is a guide we would be very interested. We used a guide one day to get an insider's view of the 6th whom we got through Butterfield and Robinson and she was good but not great, although as a rule we like B&amp;R very much. Please tell me more.<BR><BR>And Janeg, I agree with Patti that the rotisserie chicken across the street from the is excellent.<BR><BR><BR>