Paris apartment rentals

Jan 19th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Paris apartment rentals

We will be in Paris for 11 days in June. We have narrowed our apt choices to one thru Sogecri -- on Rue De Poitou or one on Henri IV Blvd - thru Paris Best Lodge(Henry IV apt). I have read good reviews of both so really looking for any additional feedback from anyone who stayed in either; but primarily on location. We are active runners and will want to take some early morning runs. Also will be looking to really settle into Paris and explore the neighborhoods, cafes, parks etc. Any comments appreciated before we make the final choice!
Ktrunner
Jan 19th, 2013, 07:45 PM

Could you provide the links please? I've rented from PBL twice but don't know that apartment and don't see it listed on the website.

I am a runner. This last trip I didn't run, but I have on all my other Paris trips. Running the Seine, along Ile Saint Louis to Jardin Des Plantes, Canal St. Martin-- lots of places are easd'Oro do straight from your apartment if you leave relatively early (doesn't have to be ungodly early, either, if you're accustomed to city running).
Jan 19th, 2013, 07:58 PM

Either would be just fine regarding location.

Do you think you'd be comfortable sleeping in that "loft"? There appears to be only one easy chair (and no sofa) in the living room. A/C could be a plus if there's a spell of hot weather and you're used to it at home.

Since you're runners, I'm guessing you won't mind four flights of stairs in the other. But, 200 sq ft is beyond cozy. There is no seating other than the bed and a couple of stools. And, that shower does not look "large".
Jan 19th, 2013, 08:25 PM

Oh, okay I found them. Agree with dj--both good locations. You might have slightly more scenic runs more easily from the PBL place.

I've seen the Sogecri place on vrbo. I was considering it for a solo trip. I seem to remember there isn't a door to the bathroom, but I might be thinking of another apartment. In any case, if you think that might bother you, ask the owner.

Have a nice trip!
Jan 20th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the feedback, after poring over a map, we are going for the one on Henri IV blvd. it is 28m2 so about 300 sq ft,a bit larger. It is on the ground floor, so I will ask about locks/security. Apparently the small love seat opens up to a bed from some comments on the website, if we really didn't like the loft. Both do have AC, but will verify. Currently Henri IV is on a long term lease so that means it must be pretty comfortable.