Reload this Page >

Paris Apartment Hunting

Search

Paris Apartment Hunting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 09:30 AM
rachel

Paris Apartment Hunting

How many of you out there have secured short-term furnished apartments via the internet? How far in advance did you book and did the place look like it did on your computer? I'm thinking of either going through lodgis.com or a private owner for a 3-6 month stay in St. Germian des Pres.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 09:39 AM
wendy

I just got back from Paris and used Guest apartments...we rented a fabulous apt. on the St. Louis for the same price as an hotel in St. Germain...<BR><BR>Christophe and Philippe the owners were wonderful! (Not to mention the views!)<BR><BR>Wendy

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 09:49 AM
elvira

Have rented private apartments off the internet (one was represented by a U.S. citizen) and, so far, knock on wood, exactly as pictured/described - in some things, even a bit better. The landlords have always been fine (one has become a good friend). I'm at work and don't have the website info about the U.S. woman who represents Paris apartments, but if you email me, I'll reply with the info when I get home.<BR><BR>I rented 9 months in advance in one case, 9 days in another....I advise renting ASAP so you have lots of choices.<BR><BR>

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 04:02 PM
Nancy

I rented a studio apartment last May for a month from RentParis.com I did it all over the internet and the two managers are excellent. They were very responsive whenever I needed them. Check out their website as they seem to have several options. Any questions, feel free to e-mail me.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 02:28 AM
Ron Christmas

I just booked an apartment in Paris for one month beginning in September from rentvillas.com. An excellent site and great prices. They are very professional! Good luck, and enjoy Paris-you definitely will!

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 05:33 AM
Pat

I can personally recommend Paris Perfect www.parisperfect.com. I love the location near the Eiffel Tower because it is so French, easy to get to and safe.<BR><BR>Also the apartment was better than I expected, with elegance, lots of hot water.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 07:45 PM
Laurie

My family of 4 just put a down payment on a apartment in the 7theme. We booked this apartment on Rue Cler for 10 nights in June for $110.00 per night. The website is www.rentalfrance.com. The agent we have worked with is Pascal and he has been very quick and helpful thoughout our email rental process. I found this apartment and website through the website www.vrbo.com. We booked this apartment 9 months in advance of our stay. We haven't seen the apartment yet,so I hope it will be as nice as it looks on the website! Good Luck! Laurie

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 10:18 PM
richard

I can vouch for Pat's comments about www.parisperfect.com. We also found them over the internet,apartment was beautiful and very reasonable. The owners were very responsive and helpful. The apartments were the best we've ever stayed at in Paris and the price was reasonable, especially for the quality. We had never stayed there before and were a little concerned beforehand; but when we arrived, our jaws dropped. The apartment was beautiful and NICER than the pictures. So many apartments put in cheap furnishings and have views onto the courtyards on lower floors; we don't want to be treated like college students a la Europe on $5 a day. The owners told us they only have apartments on high floors with great views so visitors really get the flavor or Paris, but they are more expensive to buy. They were so right; we loved being there. The 7th is a wonderful location, by the way; central to everything! Rick

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Leslie

I am presently staying at a parisperfect.com apartment across from the Eiffel Tower. It is incredibly beautiful and decorated as in &quot;House Beautiful&quot; All my needs have been met and Madelyn and Phillipe bend over backward to make your stay magical!!!

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 05:18 AM
geo in SF

Hi Wendy- We Just made a deposit with Guest Apatrments for a place on rue St Louis en I'lle for April. Was your expierence OK?. Would appreciate any comments.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 06:47 AM
BTilke

Le Divorce (and its followup Le Mariage) should keep her occupied on the plane and a little longer. The novels are light, contemporary, and full of juicy little details about French/American family life.