Paris Apartment Fleur de lis 33 Rue de Beaune

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 06:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at this apartment. This is our 1st trip to Europe and I am a little concerned about booking this apartment. I'm afraid of being scammed out of our money and end up without a place to stay. They don't take credit cards, just checks and wire transfers.
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 06:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
So give us the website and we'll take a look.
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

heartofparis.com The comments are great and the pics look great. I would Love to talk to someone that has been there or is familar with the place and the area.
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 07:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
This place looks great, but I can't pin-point the location. We always use www.guestapartment.com so I can't comment on this system, but I'll be interested to see if anyone has used them.

Our preferred location is Ile St. Louis or St. Germain, ideal for a first-timer.

IMO, stay as close to the Seine as possible. Our first trip, we stayed in the Montparnasse area. We loved it, but spent most of our time near the Seine.
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 07:54 PM

I don't know anything about that apartment, specifically, but their terms are identical to the apartment I rent, and probably most others. It's located in a very nice neighborhood in the 7th, just at the edge of the 6th. The neighborhood is very quiet at night for sleeping and has a lot of restaurants very close. It's a great location for sight-seeing -- within a stone's throw of the Musee d'Orsay and just across the river from the Louvre. Tell them you'd like to contact someone for references. There is a guest comment from a Fodorite. Or if you're really concerned, take out trip insurance. Sometimes you just have to make a leap of faith!
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 07:56 PM

It is a good location, if the address in your subject line is it. It is in the 7th bordering on the 6th and close to the river. I think as first time vistors you will enjoy it.
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 08:08 PM

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...tayed-here.cfm

Hi Nat, We never did stay in this apartment, but did do some research about it back in 2006, as the above link details. I did have some contact with the owners, who seemed quite nice and accommodating but we opted for another flat and neighborhood that year. BTW, we have stayed in this area of the 7th in VRBO #9718, around the corner on rue de Verneuil. I like the location very much - it's very central (just a few blocks from the Seine) which is especially good for a first visit to Paris. EJ
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 08:15 PM

Well, natsfodor, I think you should go for it! It looks like a beautiful apartment. On my first visit to Paris I stayed around the corner on rue de Verneuil and thought it was a perfect location.
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 11:04 PM

We had the same booking conditions for the apartment we stayed in. I think it's fairly common for credit cards to not be accepted. We paid a deposit by personal cheque and then paid the balance by cash when we arrived. It looks like a lovely apartment.
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 01:08 AM

I am very familiar with the area but not the rental agency. I love that area. Lots of services and some good restaurants. Try the Bistro de Paris and Le Telegraph. Good transportation too. I prefer buses and there are several along the quais, not too far from the metro either.
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 05:31 AM
cw

The owners live in Maine. I've had this apartment on my short list so I must have seen it recommended somewhere but I don't know where. I think you should speak with them and ask any questions you may have.

It looks lovely and I think the area is very convenient and close to the Seine.

The terms are not unusual and raise no red flags for me. If you are in the U.S. and can write a check without any transfers, that would be an advantage too.
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 06:01 AM

I had to do a wire transfer for an apt we're renting in Switzerland next month, and it was actually pretty easy, too, if you have a financial advisor who can just make it happen (for a small charge).
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 07:03 AM

I'VE stayed here, a couple of times!!!! Tell Lisa "hi" from Susan.

It's definatlely not a scam, like cw said, they live in Maine, they are a lovely couple who own this delightful apartment. You should be able to pay them in us$ , I think you're american?

The apartment itself is great, one of the best I've stayed in. It's decorations are simple and elegant, comfortable bed which faces the courtyard and is dead quiet, great street with not too much traffic, perfect location IMO, you can walk everywhere, there are tons of restaurants within striking distance, great working kitchen with dishwasher, washer and separate dryer...what else might you want to know about it?

They have a representative to meet you and show you how it works and you can call them if there are any problems, which we've never had.

I"ve recommended it quite a few times and no one has been disappointed yet.
Old Apr 23rd, 2011, 07:52 AM
cw

susanna--I'm sure then that I noted the recommendation from you! It does look like a lovely apartment.
Old Apr 24th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Susanna, CW and everyone else for all the help! I really appreciate it ... I probably shouldn't have asked the question the way I did, just nervous and don't want anything to go wrong on the trip. I feel much better now! Thanks!