Paris and Italy Hotel

Search

Paris and Italy Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris and Italy Hotel

I am looking to possibly spend a long awaited honeymoon in Paris and Italy. Any suggestions for romantic hotels in Paris, Rome or Venice, that truly expensive
dates are February 26 thru March 8th. Perhaps the 2/26 to 3/2 in Italy and then 3/2 to 3/8 in Paris. Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 10:38 AM

Truly expensive, or truly inexpensive?

Where in Italy for four nights?
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 10:41 AM

I see… Rome or Venice… Venice will be cold, damp, and maybe flooded at the end of November.

Here is a google map of some of the best Paris hotels - http://goo.gl/maps/Inlm

Here is a google map of some of the best Rome hotels - http://goo.gl/maps/z9XS
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 11:04 AM

In Rome, you might want to look at the Exedra. We were going to spend an anniversary there two years ago but the Icelandic volcano changed our itinerary.
http://exedra-roma.boscolohotels.com/

...I'm not quite sure what you mean <i>that truly expensive
dates are February 26 thru March 8th</i>. Can you clarify? Thanks!
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 06:59 PM

Either truly expensive (a suite for $1200 per night?) or truly inexpensive ($100 per night for a modest room) you need to tell us what you want. And what your expectations are.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Original Poster

I am so sorry, was rushing to post: I was looking at not too expensive hotels. Does anyone have any thoughts if this would be a good venue for a honeymoon.

Arrival February 26 2013
Depart March 8th 2012

looking at maybe 5 or 6 days in Italy Rome or Venice and then to Paris for 5-6 days. Thank you so much for any help you can offer.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 04:45 AM

We really like www.hotelgalleria.it in Venice on our honeymoon and http://www.paris-hotel-stjacques.com/ in Paris.

Can you give us an amount in euros that you are willing to spend? Inexpensive to me might be something different to you...
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

I was thinking about $200 USD per night since I am in the hotel business, often I can get a good rate. Thank you so much for your help. I am not that familiar with the area but could I stay in Venice and then get to Paris by car? or would I need to book a commuter flight?
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 06:58 AM

I would fly (or maybe train) between either Venice/Rome and Paris. It's a very long drive (plug it into google maps directions and see), and you'd pay a big fee to pick up in one country and drop off in another!

Now that I see your clarification, the Exedra is definitely not in that range.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 08:26 AM

Definitely fly...driving would take forever. Www.easyjet.com flies between the two...
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 09:19 AM

jamikins, I am happy to see you recommend St Jacques in Paris. We are booked there for this coming September. It looks wonderful on-line. Thanks.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 09:31 AM

You won't be disappointed! It's a great place...le petite perigourdine wine bar next door is fabulous too!!
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Original Poster

thank you everyone...now i am rethinking the 'honeymoon' perhaps: February 26 to March 8th in that time period. Starting out in Venice...then to Rome...then Amalfi Coast...any thoughts...would you drive or train...I am not that experienced in rail travel...or would you limit the trip to Venice and Rome...hotels???? any thoughts...thank you so very much for your help
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 04:37 AM

I would definitely not consider the Amalfi Coast in January and February. It will be grey, chilly, windy. In addition, much will be shut down. I have never been there in the winter but have friends who have and they had a totally different experience than we did and regretted going in the winter. Summer resort areas are not too much fun in the winter.

Your original plan seemed much more reasonable to me for a winter trip. Paris and Rome for 5 or 6 days each would be a good trip. Fly into one and out of the other (a "multi-city" or open jaw flight). If you choose Rome and Paris, fly between the cities. If you choose Rome and Venice, use the train.
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 12:48 PM

Yes,, its winter on the coast still, not the warm sitting out on a terrase weather you may be hoping for, so staying in cities with tons to see and do that are not weather dependent makes alot more sense.
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 01:59 PM

Venice - Hotel Bernardi - Very romantic and lovely. $ 230.00 euros for 3 nights! Well worth it.
www.hotelbernardi.com
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 02:24 PM

In Paris - The hotel du Danube - superior room. A lovely, romantic, very well located hotel that won't break the bank. We stayed there for our honeymoon 44 years ago so we can say it worked. We have been back several times since and it has only improved over time. The standard rooms still need sprucing up, but the superior rooms are what you are looking for.

In Venice, a not expensive option is Palazzo Guardi. Located on a side canal with the entrance down on a narrow alley this place is a find. Like most older hotels in Venice, the outside will not have you doing cheers, but the rooms are large and exactly as pictured on their website - read that romantic. BUT - you must specify that you want a room with a view of the canal- will probably get either room 4 or 5. This hotel has the tiniest elevator you have ever seen and you must use it because reception and most rooms are on the 3rd floor. The elevator is so small that two people, without luggage, can only ride together if they embrace but you are on your honeymoon so that will be a plus. For luggage, one rides up and the other sends the luggage up to be retrieved. This place is also very well located with plenty of good, not expensive restaurants nearby. At the time you are going, prices should be rock bottom for Venice.
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 02:26 PM

mam and justine have it right. We sometimes travel in the winter and always pick a city; no matter what the weather, there's plenty to do.

We had a wonderful trip to Paris over Thanksgiving, and have been to Rome a few times in February and March. Well, we've been to Paris then, too and had a great time.

Winter is for cities.
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 04:43 PM

Amalfi coast in winter will have little to do/see, many hotels and restaurants are shut and most of the ferries don't run - some days not at all if the seas are very bad. A beach resort in winter may sound romantic - but could get old awfully fast. What if you get 3 days of rain and 45 degrees?

Much better to be in cities where there are tons of things to do indoors when the weather is bad.
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Original Poster

thank you again for all your help on my planning....so i think everyone feels winter is for cities so maybe 3 days venice 3 days rome and 3 days paris...how does that seem to everyone.hotels still the same as noted previously? I may be missing a bit on the thread...but getting from venice to rome to paris...fly? train? or would you suggest just two cities Paris and or Rome and Venice? your help and direction is so appreciated...cyndee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -