Paris

Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:30 AM
ergreen

Paris

Back from my romantic trip to Paris.Oh, my God-it was absolutely beautiful.Thank you all for your recommendations.The InterContinental Paris was awesome.Great room with view of Eiffel Tower.Dinner at L'Epi Dupin was excellent.Paradis Latin show was good, but the smoking killed us.Overall, the trip was wonderful.Did alot of walking and took in the beauty of Paris.Did alot of shopping.Ate and drank well.Cannot wait to return.

Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:33 AM
ira

Hi er,

I take it that you enjoyed your visit.
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:39 AM

Ahh, another traveler seduced by that wonderful city! Many of us here also suffer from Paris-itis, and I'm sorry to inform you there is no cure...except to return, of course. Which we will be doing in 57 days!

Glad your visit lived up to your expectations, and I hope you'll post a complete trip report when you've rested a bit.
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:50 AM

Yup. That's how it goes. You just have to go back. We just returned from 3 weeks in France, a total of one of which was spent in Paris.
I left a postcard of Ingrid and Bogie staring out the window together in Casa Blanca on my beloved's nightstand our first night home. No message was necessary.
Isn't the Eiffel Tower lit up at night just breathtaking?!

The bills have just started coming in. My didn't we have a wonderful time.
We're already scanning the homes for rent on vrbo.com for our next trip(maybe 2 yers hopefully less).

And..just so you don't forget..Bonne journee.
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:51 AM

So glad you enjoyed your trip. Isn't Paris absolutely wonderful? Let us hear all about it including your dinner at L'Epi Dupin, one of our favorites.
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:44 AM
dln

And I'd love to know about your shopping!

Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:18 AM

"Every spring I fall in love with the same woman, and it happens the same way every time.After work at the typewriter, I take a walk in the sun, and there she is, as striking as ever, and there I am, struck dumb as Dante seeing Beatrice.
So Thackeray's hero fell in love at the Louvre with a woman standing there, silent and majestic, her hair light and her eyes gray, looking thirty-two but born 2000 years ago. Her name was Venus de Milo.
For me it is Paris."

.................1966 Joseph Barry, "The People of Paris"
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:55 AM

Oh, yes, "I love Paris..."

"There is never any ending to Paris...Paris was always worth it and you received return for whatever you brought it..." Ernest Hemingway in A Moveable Feast