Palermo over Easter

Dec 2nd, 2019, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

Palermo over Easter

Just trying to iron out an itinerary but I think my question in my other thread is buried.

Easter. We probably would land on Good Friday in Palermo and start our trip there. But Easter weekend!! Will all the sites be closed?
Or we could drive to Siracusa.... on day two and do Palermo on the end (yes we do know about driving with jet lag)

Possible Itinerary: This is what we want to see and there will not be a lot of opportunities to return to Sicily with our kids heading to college in another year.
Not interested in Catania, Mt. Etna or Taormina. Cannot afford to fly a family of 4 right now from NYC into Palermo and out of Catania.

Palermo (how many nights over Easter weekend)>>> drive to Siracusa>>>(suggestion for how many nights?) >> Stop at Villa Romana on the way to Agrigento >>(suggestion= 1? night) >>> Trapani (drop off car. Suggestion two nights? and leave)

Thanks so much.
Dec 2nd, 2019, 06:24 PM
kja

without considering Easter:
4 nights Palermo. 4 nights Siracusa. 1 or 2 nights Agrigento. 2 nights Trapani.
Dec 4th, 2019, 05:23 AM

RubyTwins, I have been in Bellagio and Madrid over Easter so can only share info about those. Check with your hotels about local activities.

There was a huge Procession in Madrid on the Good Friday evening I was there. Many roads were closed. I had about a 20-minute wait to cross the street when returning to my hotel.

On Easter Sunday in Bellagio, scads of folks were out shopping! Many stores were open.

Easter Monday ferry schedule was curtailed and it was necessary to change travel plans.

Please report back about your experiences!

I agree with kja's timing except just one night in Agrigento.