Pages Jaunes for Paris, etc. ?

Oct 7th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Pages Jaunes for Paris, etc. ?

I used to use Pages Jaunes for looking up apts, hotels, etc. in Paris. Haven't used it for a few years and now the site has changed and I can't find anything on it. Is anyone else using it now? Perhaps if you're in the USA you must subscribe now?
Oct 7th, 2009, 11:36 AM

Things have been moved around quite a bit, but all, and much more, is still there. Lots of new features.
Oct 7th, 2009, 11:44 AM

www.pagesjaunes.fr

Still good resource,expanded with satellite photos for example. I speak french, so I've never looked for an english version.
Oct 7th, 2009, 11:53 AM

I still use it and the google toolbar converts it to English. It has changed over the years, but is still a great tool. U could also put the url into babel translator and that would translate it to English for you.
Oct 7th, 2009, 12:08 PM

I use it all the time. I know French, never looked for English. I am usually trying to do things like finding all cafes in one arrondisement, so I'll put cafe into the top box (quoi/qui) and 75014 into the bottom box, for example (that is a Paris postal code for arr. 14). If I want to find a hotel on a certain street, or by a specific name, I go into the detailed search rather than express search
Oct 7th, 2009, 12:35 PM

Not a problem to use, and it also has street view.
Oct 7th, 2009, 01:42 PM

I think Google Earth is light-years ahead of Pages Jaunes-- I stopped using it a loooong time ago......
Oct 7th, 2009, 04:56 PM

On PJ, I still like the 'proximity' feature, where you can search for the nearest boulangerie to your hotel address, nearest cafe, etc.
Oct 8th, 2009, 12:22 AM

Does Google Earth give the phone numbers?
Oct 8th, 2009, 03:11 AM

Kerouac asked >>Does Google Earth give the phone numbers?<< ABSOLUTELY. That is exactly how I have obtained many phone numbers of hotels I needed to contact.
Oct 8th, 2009, 03:32 AM

How do you get to the street view on Pages Jaunes?
Oct 8th, 2009, 05:48 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by street view, but they give you lots of options of things you can look at with each listing. For example, for each listing of a place where it shows the name, address, phone number and maybe website, there is a gray bar right under the address with other options such as plan, itineraire, vue du ciel, vue arienne, photo and "a proximite". I think you probably mean the "photo" view which are the photos from street level of addresses. If you click on that, you see that photo and then can easily see the photos of all nearby addresses and can move up and down the street -- that part is just like before.

Search this Thread