Reload this Page >

Paganelli or Hotel Fontana - Venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 01:32 PM
ev

Anyone have any recommendations on either of these two hotels in Venice? Also open to any suggestions for hotels in the $150US range. Thanks to all.

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 03:20 PM
Maira

Ev-- do a text search by Albergo Paganelli. I just posted a review and is probably buried somewhere.

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 04:14 PM
Helen

My husband and I stayed at the Paganelli last May while in Venice. It was very adequate for us. We had a room in the back overlooking a little courtyard so was very quiet. We thought the location was excellent as we were able to walk to most everything. The water taxi stop was just a few feet away. The breakfast was okay though not one of the best we had in Italy but enough to satisfy us. It was clean and we had our own bathroom which were two of my main priorities in booking our hotels while in Europe. Loved Venice, have a great holiday.

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 06:46 AM
Carol

I stayed at the Paganelli on my first trip to Venice in the late '70s, and have great affection for it and its owner, a very gruff and charming older fellow. It's a small hotel, just a few doors down from the famous Hotel Danieli on the Riva degli Schiavoni--a hop, skip and a jump from San Marco, but not in the midst of the crowds. When you walk out the front door, you're right on the lagoon; when you walk to the back, you're on the Campo San Zaccaria, with its ancient church and magnificent Bellini altarpiece. I don't know the Fontana, but I'd happily recommend the Paganelli. Another thing I loved about the location, was the vaporetto station a few feet away from the hotel.

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 11:22 AM
Susan

Hi Ev, <BR>I stayed at the Paganelli 2 years ago with my sister and loved it. Small, charming, 5 minutes from St. Marks (passing the Bridge of Sighs). It's a little family run hotel, and they serve breakfast. I liked it a lot.

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 05:19 PM
Chris

Loved the Paganelli, but they have gone up in price. Prime location within couple of blocks from St. Mark's Square.

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 05:37 PM
Keith

We just stayed at the Hotel Campiello, it's $120 per night, about 25 steps down its own private like street almost next to the Danile hotel, just steps away from San Marco (St. Mark's) square. And best of all it's nice and quit. www.hcampiello.it Enjoy!

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 07:19 AM
Wayne

Ev--In my opinion, Paganelli is good, but I prefer La Calcina, directly on the waterfront (Giudecca Canal) and a very nice place within your price range.<BR>