Paddle steamer in Prague

Search

Paddle steamer in Prague

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2004, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paddle steamer in Prague

Does anyone know how to book the paddle steamer that offers river trips in Prague, please.

Also, any experience of this or any of the other boat trips would be appreciated.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 11:16 AM

I took a boat trip down the Vltava on my first trip to Prague. A great way to see the city. It was part of a tour I was with, so I did not book it. One of my friends booked ahead a boat ride, and it was cancelled last minute because of weather conditions. If you are only in town a few days, I would try to book it when you get there, and if it is cancelled, find out if you can go on another day, or how the refund policy works. Perhaps your hotel or other booking agency can take care of this, if you really want to book in advance.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 11:30 AM

Don't know a thing about the paddle boat, but when we were there last May (gosh is it really a year ago!) we walked down to the Vltava and there were several boats to choose from. We ended up on the Jazz Boat and bought tickets just before we boarded.

I assume this is what you're talking about. A river cruise through town, much like those in Paris on the Seine and London on the Thames.

We enjoyed it and got some great pictures of the Charles Bridge. Was fun to have photos from both sides.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:13 AM

Paroplavba operates two steamers and you can get their contact details at www.paroplavba.cz.

Jason
www.jasoncholt.com/prague
Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:59 PM

Sue: Jason has a wonderful web site with tons of worthwhile information on Prague. By all means check it out as I think it will be very useful to you.