Reload this Page >

Packable Raincoats - buy at discount?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 08:03 AM
Ronda

A certain travel catalog has a packable microfiber raincoat for $189 which I love except for the price. Anyone know where to purchase travel coats or clothing at a discount?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Ronda with no H

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 09:53 AM
robbie

Ronda,<BR> I think you and I have been wanting the same raincoat. I also hesitate to spend that much and hope someone will be able to answer your question.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 10:15 AM
Andrea

Ronda,<BR><BR>I just bought a packable raincoat from Travelsmith (it was in their most recent catalogue)that was $89. It is available in black and periwinkle (purple) and has a hood, so you don't need an umbrella. You can stuff it into a small bag that comes with it for easy portability. The item # is 1ts6710. You can order at (800)950-1600 or go to www.travelsmith.com. Only problem I sometimes have with them is that items are not always in stock.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 10:17 AM
Statia

I bought an inexpensive raincoat from J.C Penny before my trip to Paris. It folded up neatly in a matching zipper pouch for packing ease. I honestly don't remember what department I found it in (might have been children's), but it fit the bill.<BR><BR>Might be worth a try looking at major department stores on line for something similar.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 01:23 PM
Ronda

Thanks for the tips. Hmmm, Pennys; I'm going to have to make the trip over there. I also heard that you can purchase 50%/50% underwear for men that dry faster than 100% cotton (my husband doesn't like the coolmax ones). <BR><BR>I'm heading right over to Travel Smith to check out the $89 raincoat.