Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Overnight in Bath, day trip to Stonehenge (from London)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be in London on Wed, 6/16/10 (we're from San Francisco). I am looking into using some kind of tour company (rather than going at it on our own via train because I'm too overwhelmed and don't have time to coordinate the details that I would need to arrange on my own--unless you can convince me otherwise--I'm open to that and would be very happy to find out it wouldn't be that much of a hassle as I know if would be a lot less expensive).

We would like to book this trip with a trustworthy tour company (prefer small group/vans not huge coach buses but that's only a preference) that does a London to Bath (overnight) and visit to Stonehenge. I've read a bunch of reviews on Fodors but all seemed to written more than 4-5 years ago. Any recommendations much appreciated.
p.s. I've considered just waiting until I arrive in London to coordinate the Bath/Stonehenge trip but some friends have warned me because it is June, not to risk leaving it until the last moment.
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Grebara - For tours from London check out -

http://www.evanevanstours.co.uk/

If you're planning to overnight in Bath and prefer small group tours, the following are minibus companies which do a half-day Stonehenge tour from Bath:

www.scarpertours.com
www.madmax.co.uk

Hope this helps ...

Steve