Outdoor Dining in Venice

Old Jun 15th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

Outdoor Dining in Venice

Will be in Venice in July and looking for a restaurant that has both a Grand Canal view and outdoor dining. Price range between 25-30 Euro. pp for entrees.
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 02:31 PM

I know that the restaurant at the Westin Europa and Regina has outdoor seating. It is directly on the Grand Canal, just a few minutes away from Piazza San Marco and across from Santa Maria della Salute. The Terrazza Restaurant on the roof-top of the Hotel Danieli also has outdoor dining; it too is on the Grand Canal, on the Riva degli Schiavoni.
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 02:38 PM

I would just roam around the place until you see something charming that's not too crowded and has an intruiguing menu. You won't find a place with more cafes per footstep than Venice.

As far as I'm concerned, that's half the fun of dining in Venice.
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 03:45 PM

hi, rogfam,

there are good views other than on the grand canal - eg along the Zattere, overlooking giudecca. Metic is dead right - just go for a wander, and avoid like the plague the places with menus in japanese!.

regards, ann
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:41 PM

I like views of the smaller canals. On our last trip, from our table we had a view across a narrow canal of a house and its boat garage. The owner left to run an errand and returned about 30 minutes later. Watching him maneuver the boat out/in and getting a peek of the inside of the garage were so interesting. We were also serenaded by a singing accordian player who was riding in a gondola with some tourists. You don't get that on the Grand Canal.
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 10:18 PM

Two small places just off the Rialto Bridge in Campo San Giacometto:
Naranzaria (http://www.naranzaria.it) and Banco Giro. Tables are set out on the stones at canal side. Both of these are more wine bars with food than full-scale restaurants.