Reload this Page >

other travel forums

Search

other travel forums

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 04:02 PM
question

other travel forums

question - anyone know of any travel forums where they don't put down people for voicing their opinions or writing about their travels?<BR><BR>I've noticed a lot fewer (repeat) travelers here and a lot more spite and meanness. has it always been that way or has it gotten worse?<BR><BR>

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 04:09 PM
Lon

It's always been that way so maybe it's best if you take your whiny ass to another board. I think you will enjoy the thorntree over at lonelyplanet.<BR>

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 05:47 PM
Yuppers

Actually, I think Lonely Planet's board has a tendency to become just as nasty, if not more so. The GOOD thing about this board is that it is very active and so new posts are constantly coming up and others are being added to. True, you have to sift through some garbage to get at the good stuff at times (see preceding post above), but think of it as if you were panning for gold or something.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 06:41 PM
question

ah Lon, lighting a candle in the darkness. or, maybe just lighting your fart? <BR><BR>I have to say, I've always found that there is a direct correlation between the nastiness level and the intelligence level of the person being nasty - as the nastiness increases, the intelligence level tends to decrease.<BR><BR>thanks Yuppers, I will try to pan for gold.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 07:16 PM
Lon

So, question, (catchy name you have there) you're trying to tell us that you aren't too bright? Umm, we kinda figured that one out.<BR>-------<BR>What is it with all these holier-than-thou types who incessantly carp about the *spite*, *meanness*, *nastiness*, *put downs* and other assorted atrocities they witness? This really, really gets old.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 07:35 PM
Donna-Sue

how about just a straight answer to the question? What are the other travel forums out there? And I would agree - there are alot of people on this board who seem to be unable to respond to inquiries without a put down incorporated into the answer. Thanx to those of you who are happy to just share your experiences and answer questions civilly.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 07:40 PM
Harriette

I have received a lot of help in planning our trip from this chatroon the nastiness notwithstanding. It is unfortunate that a few idiots try to make it so unpleasant for the majority. They just want you to respond so they can feed their egos so I have learned not to let them ruffle me and to totally ignore them

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 07:02 AM
Donna-Sue

And the question remains - what other travel message boards are out there?

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 07:31 AM
Gar

try <BR>www.virtualtourist.com<BR><BR>Nothing is perfect, but if people like yuppers stay out there, it is ok.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:50 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:20 AM
deb

Check out slowtrav.com or slowtalk.com. It's very informative.