Reload this Page >

** or *** star hotel convenient to airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Sue

I am looking for a nice 2 or 3 star hotel convenient to the airport. any suggestions?

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Stan

Sue<BR><BR>I always stay at the *** hotel at the airport. They have a great breakfast buffet.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Alberta

Sue<BR><BR>Don't listen to Stan, save some money and stay at the ** hotel. It's only a mile from the terminal and their breakfast buffet is just as good as the ***. Try their cornbeef hash, yummy.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:19 AM
Kris

duh, which airport might that be? Why don't you repost with the name of the city in the title - this is the whole Europe board...

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:20 AM
janis

I won't be quite as subtle as Stan -- You really do need to tell us WHICH AIRPORT???? (there are hundreds of airports in Europe.)<BR>

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:20 AM
Paul

Sue<BR><BR>I always stay at the Flight Inn. It's only * but the rooms are clean and there is a McDonald's just a 1/2 mile away on Hwy. 25 for breakfast. Hope you have a nice trip.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:21 AM
Me

Don't be cheap! You must stay at the ****! You open the door and you are at the airport! Their breakfast buffet is even better than the ** or the ***. They always have fresh Haggis.<BR><BR>Oh, and you get to keep the washcloth in the bathroom.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:43 AM
star

Since I NEVER stay at **or*** hotels near airports,I cannot help you here.But I do think someone should tell you that if you are staying near the airport,it doesnt matter how many****s it has ..it is still near an airport!<BR>

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 10:57 AM
ewis

oh, you guys are brutal.........

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 11:26 AM
K*R*

Do remember to eat at *** while there!<BR>They serve the best ** and we always have the **for dessert.But watch out for that waiter!he is a terror if you don't remember his name - which is **.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 02:36 AM
Andrea

I'm so glad someone asked this! We're going in August, and I was also wondering about hotels. What about getting from the airport to the hotel? Should we take a taxi, or is there some sort of shuttle or bus?<BR><BR>More importantly, can I wear shorts, or will I stand out as a tourist?

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 02:39 AM
Another

I almost forgot - what will the weather be like in August? I find it much more helpful to ask people who've been to a place a year or two ago than to check for historical records and averages on a site like yahoo & read about weather tips in guide books.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:10 AM
Millie

In August it is usually hot, though I have been there when it was quite cool indeed. I would prepare for both extremes as the weather can change very rapidly there, unlike here.<BR><BR>