Search

ONE WAY TICKET?

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ONE WAY TICKET?

I have a one way ticket going to prague, connection in warsaw. Will I be let into the country? I intend to come home before my time is up and I have sufficent funds.
Old May 25th, 2011, 09:06 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
No one here can tell you. Only the immigration agents on the day you enter the Czech Republic has that authority. (And there is always the possibility the airline at your departure airport will not let you board. They don't want to be responsible for getting you home if you are denied entry).

Why not just buy a return ticket so you are covered?
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:21 AM

I don't think so they will. Or I don't really know, you can ask the immigration officer. But to be safe, just buy a ticket back.
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:39 AM

It's not safe to rely on Internet forums for questions such as this.

What nationality are you or what passport do you hold? Do you need a visa for either Poland and/or the Czech Republic?

You say you have a connection in Warsaw. What will be the reaction from the Polish immigration people if you have a one-way ticket?

And so on....

Your best source of information will be the immigration authorities in Poland and the Czech Republic.
Old May 28th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Hez

We flew into Prague last year one way - we were asked our plans and simply stated that we would be taking a train to Vienna - no problem.

I think it's quite common for people traveling in Europe to fly into one country and out of another so personally I wouldn't (and didn't) worry about it.
Old May 29th, 2011, 12:42 AM

There is a big difference between a one-way ticket and an open-jaw ticket. If you have an open jaw ticket it isn't a problem - it shows you will be returning home from somewhere. A one-way ticket implies you will be staying put, and that could be a problem.
Old May 29th, 2011, 03:53 AM
J62

Only the immigration agents on the day you enter the Czech Republic has that authority.

Wrong.

There is no immigration check in Prague when arriving from Warsaw as both countries are Schengen area.

Immigration Warsaw will look at your passport and waive you through. If you're concerned about entry into Poland, show them your connection on to Prague and leave it at that.

If you think the Polish border control cares how long you're staying in Prague, print out an itinerary showing train to Serbia, Croatia, or some other non-schengen country.

Airline tickets are all electronic these days anyway. Who even knows you have only a one way ticket. If you are really concerned, find a way to print out a piece of paper that shows a return itinerary.
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:52 AM
ira

Hey P,

If you are a 23 yr old Arab who has recently been to Pakistan, the odds are very low.