One more carry on question!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I leave Monday for Spain on Air France. We are flying out of ORD and changing planes at CDG. I want to check my usual normal size backpack with all my shampoo, toothpaste, lotions, etc....I want to carry on my small 19 inch, (42 inches total) rolling bag and a small backpack that will serve as a purse, but can hold my essential meds, a walking cane (that I need) and my neck pillow thats not an inflatable. Should I just scratch that plan or do you think they'll let me through with the 2 (legal) according to their specs, carry ons? Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 07:04 PM

Not sure what they will do, but I flew Air France last week and they did not seem overly "tough" with things.. You would probably be fine. Worse comes to worse when you get to the gate they may require you check your one bag..
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 07:04 PM

Also, flew out of CDG as well. It was a pretty simple process... coming back to the US is more complicated
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your fast replies. I'm sick of thinking about it and happy to hear it wasn't a problem for either of you.
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

oops, just noticed you're the same person!
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 05:17 PM

No problem..did want to mention though that it may be more difficult flying back to US.

When we left CDG to Houston last week, outside of regular security, they had two additional checkpoint stops from gate to plane.. 1 time they simply asked where our bags have been, etc.. a second stop they went through and took out everything in our carry ons and did a pat down... I was surprised but fine with this. Would prefer safety!

We flew Continental coming home though and I don't know if Air France will be the same coming home.

Don't worry about, and have fun!
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

I had a knee replacement last winter and I get a "pat down" now all the time, thanks to my titanium knee. I'm also all for safety, but I just don't want to miss my connection. Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll all work out. Thanks