One day tour out of Edinburgh

Nov 25th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

One day tour out of Edinburgh

Which one day tour would you recommend to 2 students at this time of the year?
Nov 25th, 2005, 10:02 AM

Without a clue as to what your interests are, I suggest a visit to this website:

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/sect...,22569,00.html

However, assuming you might be interested in nightlife (I would at your age) this article from the New York Times should entice you to a day in Glasgow.

"EUROPE'S 'IT' CITIES -- CLUBBING: GLASGOW; Music flows from Art Deco banks and vaulted tunnels"

http://travel2.nytimes.com/top/featu...and/guide.html

Glasgow has a goodly number of activities to fill your day before the clubbing begins.

Nov 25th, 2005, 10:14 AM

Tell us what sorts of things you like. And do you mean a guided tour or somewhere to go on your own?

And do consider that at this time of year, the days are very short so quite a bit of a "day tour" will be during darkness.
Nov 25th, 2005, 10:21 AM

Assuming you mean a driven tour, have alook at Rabbie's Trailburners; Mac Backpackers; Haggis Backapackers and Timberbush.
Nov 25th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your prompt responses.

I meant a day tour like the one's offered by Haggis or Rabbies. I was wondering that since the days are so short if the trips to Loch Ness, Loch Lomond etc are worth it. Do you think it's better just to go on our own to vist someplace closer such as the Stirling Castle?
Nov 25th, 2005, 02:13 PM

My first thought was take the bus to Turnhouse and take easyJet to Amsterdam.

My second thought was take the bus to Turnhouse and take Flyglobespan to Barcelona.

My third thought was take the train to Glasgow and do a definitive comparo of pub food. Or maybe just skip the food.

Then, I thought, why not go find some dreich castle grounds where you'll wake up the gate guard?

Nah. Go with Barcelona.
Nov 26th, 2005, 12:13 AM

Don't you worry about that cycnic, Gardyloo, Borinquena; although saying that, I wouldn't want to do a mini bus tour in the rain. All you'd see would be the steamed up inside of the bus windows Today, for example, would have challenged Noah.

But last weekend whilst it was cold, it was bright, sharpa nd sunny and would have been glorious for a day out.

Would you care to give us more of a context? And the folk on this Bard tend not to be min-bus tour users. If you haven't done it, I suggest you ask the good people on Thorn Tree as well